So I've had my 8120 for a few days now. A few days ago all ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mistergreg no está en línea Stack level 3

dreaded disappearing message prob in 8120 too?

Advertisement

So I've had my 8120 for a few days now. A few days ago all my messages went missing. My first thought was of the memory leak in the 8100 and I thought "NOT AGAIN!" but I did a battery pull and they all showed back up.

Today I got a pin message via Blackberry messenger and when I opened the conversation, there was no new message even though it had a yellow smiley and i could see the unread message in the regular message list. I did a battery pull, was able to see the new pin, but all my text and previous pin messages were gone!

Anyone notice anything like this yet? Running .115 out of the box. I hope this gets corrected soon!

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yep, a friend of mine just got a new 8120 and the same thing happened to him. He took it back to the carrier and they had to exchange it. We did everything before the exchange, wipe, reinstall the OS, battery pulls, and nothing worked.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

great. i got mine through employee phones so it's very difficult to exchange it, thankfully we know its only a software issue so the next revision hopefully will correct it.

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired
    do you have a memory card for your 8120? You might have used all your memory with video and or pics.

Nope. I have a memory card. Actually I haven't added anything even since before I got the 8120 (I had the 8320 and the 8100 before that), so I'm not sure where my free memory is going. I'll just have to do battery pulls every couple days. I have 12 megs free at this moment. I'm doing a battery pull at the moment and want to check what free memory will be there after a fresh reboot.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    greg, have you downloaded the 8120 OS and ran DM/app loader for updates?
    i just bought my hubby the 8120. downloaded/installed the ATT OS before it even arrived. on the day it got here, i took it out, put the battery in, hooked it up to DM and ran app loader. it did pick up updates. although my hubby is the 'delete as you go' kind of person, there hasn't been any memory issues yet.

I was under the impression that T-Mobile's OS was the latest, so I kept it there, I did go through and delete the language packs, and the IM programs and what not that I don't use. I'm not a delete as you go person as I like to reference my texts later haha, but either way, I was bummed that it emptied itself after 4 or 5 days.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    well, you aren't really 'upgrading' your OS as you are 'updating' ... very hard to explain, but there could possibly be updates contained in the OS posted on tmo that aren't in the OS that you have loaded on your bb. either way, it won't hurt or do bad things to your bb just a suggestion.

Thanks I'll try it. Appreciate your help too!

mbmlsx no está en línea Stack level 1
    Same here and have only had mine two weeks now. It goes from having some free memory available one minute to having 0 bytes the next with hour glasses every other minute. I also checked tmobile for an update and no luck. Anyone know if there was a cure for the 8100?

Originally the 8100 had a simple memory leak issue, but that was corrected with software. I'm wondering if this is the case here.

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired
    I would try re-installing the OS, I believe that the T-mobile OS is the lastest.

I had to reinstall the OS that came with my 8120 for a APP 200 error. And it fixed that, but some software for the 8100 doesn't work with the 8120...anyway, off the point Try doing a software OS re-install and it might fix your problem

mbmlsx no está en línea Stack level 1
    I re-installed the OS from tmobiles website and so far so good. When I first got the phone I deleted yahoo meassnger and windows meassnger and the pre-loaded my faves icons, then added a few programs. But it seemed like it all started when I deleted those couple things directly off the phone.

rjehhx no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've been having this same problem on my 8120 also, and this is my first time owning a BB device, so I'm a total noob to all of this.

This message disappearing act happens very often on my BB, and I've also noticed that my call log numbers also get wiped clean (even though the call log is the least of my worries right now, its still a little inconvenience)

Since I'm seeing that I'm not the only owner of an 8120 having this problem, what would you guys suggest I should do to fix this problem (if this problem can even be fixed).

thankyou ahead of time for any help I do receive on this subject.I'm glad I decided to make this BB purchase, because this device is very awesome, and definitely a huge upgrade from a sidekickIII ;P.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

psyko825 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Do the same thing that has been suggested here already, download the latest os and do a reinstall, I'm not sure if I had a problem out of the box or not, I'm the same way cherri is, I upgraded as soon as I opened it. Just make sure you back up your berry befor you do the upgrade.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~