The battery on my 8130 keeps draining even though the phone is idle -- no ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

noizey no está en línea Stack level 1

Draining Battery?

Advertisement

The battery on my 8130 keeps draining even though the phone is idle -- no calls, the screen is asleep and the lights on the keyboard is off. Any suggestions??

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Draining how? Over a day, over an hour...what time frame?

My 8830 requires me to charge it nightly. It isn't like an old Nokia that runs for 3 days without charging. It uses resources regularly to check for emails and any other applications you have running in the background that you are not closing properly.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    If your battery isn't a bad battery (some batteries are bad when they come with the phone) then try this one http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=971

JayCrew30 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Do you have anything running in the background such as having the Bluetooth radio on, GPS services running or any pieces of software (ie. IM clients) running while the phone is in 'sleep' mode?

Those things could certainly run the battery down even when you are not using it. I have Yahoo Messenger running, the Bluetooth radio and GPS services running and by the end of the day my battery is pretty much gone. I normally bring my charger to work to charge it while I am at work or I bring my USB cable to charge it in my computer.

I hope that helps!

cabinets no está en línea Stack level 3
    The Seidio battery mentioned above is worth the $ it gives me an extra 25 or 30 % at least. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

noizey no está en línea Stack level 1
    The battery would drain in a matter of 5-6 hours. But like "JayCrew30" and "KalebsDad78" mentioned I probably had other applications going on while it was on sleep mode. I took the battery out, did a soft reset and everything seems to be working fine.

Thanks to all for their help!

rysbb no está en línea Stack level 1
    Inaddition to closing apps, I changed my backlight setting to 30 instead of 100. This helps alittle when the screen is on a lot.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Bilbert no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had this same problem. All of a sudden my battery would last less than a day on a full charge. Luckily, my track ball also malfunctioned and Verizon have me a new phone. I kept the same battery and the problem went away. My experience is that a full charge should last you 1.5-2.5 with regular talking texting and surfing.

Bilbert no está en línea Stack level 1
    1.5-2.5 days is what I meant to say. Sorry

DFurtman no está en línea Stack level 1
    How is your proximity to a tower/signal?

I've noticed that mine will drain faster if it is attempting to find a signal while i am at my firehouse or if i am travelling.

-Damien

flukejh08p no está en línea Stack level 1
    I was having same problem and found, after reading some other posts, that one of my games kept running if I didn't make sure to close it out instead of simply returning to the home screen. I had gone from a normal 2 days or so under normal use to 6-8 hours. I can't remember which one it was but it was either Aces Solitaire or a Sudoku game that kept running. when I starting making sure to actually close it when i was done, everything went back to normal.

jason2nails no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31c33731
    In addition to all the above mentioned, also in the screen/keyboard setting where you adjust the brightness level on the screen, be sure to enable the automatic dimming feature, this using the sensor in the camera to determine when you need less or more light, like when entering a dark room it will brighten just enough and dim back when you leave this saves the battery as well, also if you have your phones network settings to auto detect this can drain the battery more as it is always searching for the strongest signal, by changing to home network only it doesnt search as much unless you lose signal
    hopes this helps..