I have been going to websites and trying to download video but it says that ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

zanetdaniels no está en línea Stack level 1

Downloading Video to the Pearl

I have been going to websites and trying to download video but it says that the video type is unsupported. Is there any way to download something that would allow me to download regular videos from the web? This phone has such beautiful screen resolution that it would be a shame to to be able to use it to its entire potential.

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead
    Need to import video using desktop manager.
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    One thing that you can do is find websites that have videos pre-formatted in 3gp format. Those are about the only types of videos you are going to get to download over the air, and most of the time its going to be iffy on those too depending of the size of the video you are trying to download.

You won't be able to download anything over 3 minutes probably over the air.

If you want, check out the post in the 8100 forum that list multimedia websites that are proven to work on the pearl ota. I think it is a sticky at the top of the forum.
    ~via BB (

BLUEHEFNER no está en línea Stack level 3
    Try it's a mobile "YouTube" site and most of the video's are already in the required 3gp format just use the mid to high download speeds as stream isn't supported, you may not be able to view the entire catalog but keep trying it's often hit and miss

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PM - Ask
    zanetdaniels, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    If you can then download them on your hard drive and then just convert them to a format pearl supports. Our fellow dfc420 helped me out as well.