Hey guys, I'm new to Pinstack...and many of you may already know this, but I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

Downloading Video from Various Websites

Advertisement

Hey guys, I'm new to Pinstack...and many of you may already know this, but I was so excited about it that I figured I'd share it anyways, maybe new Pinstack members can use this. I found a cool website called Keepvid.com where you can copy past a URL code when you're watching a video...the drop down menu on keepvid lets you pick the specific website you are copying the URL from, once you dowload the video, you click the new "Dowload Link" and you save the video to you computer, since it saves the video in a FLV (Flash Video) format, you need to convert it to and AVI. File for your BB...I downloaded and used the Super program to convert the FLV files to an AVI file....these files convert quickly, and they play nice, the only problem I come accross (sometimes), is that when the video is playing on my BB Pearl...sometime the Video Time Length is off (if the video is actually 2:15, it may say its 6:25), and with trial and error, I've got most of my videos to play full or wide screen.

To convert these videos for your BB, use these settings in the Super program.

+ Output Container = AVI
    + Output Video codec = H.263
    + Aspect can be 11:9, 4:3 or 1:1
    + Frame/sec should be 14.985
    + Bitrate kbps should be 576

When you get the videos to play and display properly they're really cool, I currently have 2 full episodes of (MTV's) Rob & Big, and about 15 Youtube and Metacafe Videos on my Pearl.....NICE!!!!

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Re: Downloading Video from Various Websites

Thanx for the info I'm sure there are alot of stackers here that would would like to check that out and welcome to the stacks!
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

"I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: Downloading Video from Various Websites

Yeah thanks!!....its pretty cool to know, in case you can't find any other way!!