Like it says on the tin? I'm about to land a new 8100 - just ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Swiss Admiral no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Downloading Skype/Fring to a Pearl 8100?

Advertisement

Like it says on the tin?

I'm about to land a new 8100 - just coming off an Xda Exec running Windows Mobile - and I was wondering whether it's possible to load some of my favourite and widely used applications on to the Pearl, like Skype & Fring?

Is it a straight Yes/No deal or do I have options?

Thanks in advance for any input.
    Last edited by Swiss Admiral; 09-07-2007 at 03:03 PM.
    "So tell me, what gave away the fact that I'm a Luddite?"

"Oh not much...but your undying profession of faith in quills and ink may have clinched it..."

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Downloading Skype/Fring to a Pearl 8100?

Swiss Admiral there are a few applications that do skype. It's by a company that makes IM+ they have an app with skype included. This app does cost a pretty penny. There may be other that are free. I'm unaware of them though. http://www.shapeservices.com/en/prod...&platform=none

As for fring I have no idea what that is.

Cheers Red,

FYI - here's the URL for Fring fring.com - it essentially allows you to harness all your favourite IM and SIP/WiFi & 'free talk' applications (Skype, Google Talk etc.)

"Oh not much...but your undying profession of faith in quills and ink may have clinched it..."

greenandgold52 no está en línea Stack level 3

i use a program called iSkoot.com its free and is suppost to use your data connect to connect up to your skype account. its in beta testing right now so there are a few gliches such as its hard to download missed calls stuff like that but its getting better

Been in touch with Fring Tech Support and they admit that they only support Symbian and Windows Mobile OS at this time; although they did ask me to complete a 'request form' on the topic.

I guess it's like most things - if the market is there for it, they'll make the effort and support 'Berry. Just need the numbers.

Thanks for the heads-up, hints and info already guys & gals, much appreciated!