Hi, I'm new to my BlackBerry and thought I would give it a go and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

timgaunt no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2050C02C

Question Downloading/Sending SMS

Advertisement

Hi, I'm new to my BlackBerry and thought I would give it a go and see how it benefits my business, so far I'm pretty impressed with the Pearl, it's small, light and has stacks of features but I'm just wondering if I can get some of the functionality I'm used to from my old V3 that is SMS messages: 1. Is there anyway to send an SMS through your BlackBerry using your computer while it's connected? I couldn't see any options to do that. 2. Is there anyway I can download the SMS's sent/received to my computer to store them for reference later? Many thanks and Hi -I'm sure I'll be on here a fair ammount! Tim

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Re: Downloading/Sending SMS

welcome to pinstack tim, im not sure about that, it may be possible, someone with more working knowledge of SMS should be here shortly to answer your question

PIN/ID
    2050C02C

Hi husnain1,

Thanks for the quick response, I'm just reading through the welcome stuff atm -will post an intro in a bit. Out of interest, am I right in saying the Pearl is an 8100? In which case which downloads from the BB Download area are ok to use?

Tim

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

welcome and you are correct 8100=pearl, also equals a happy addiction!!!
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

timgaunt, Welcome to PinStack.

As to sending an SMS from your PC through the Pearl, I don't think that is possible. For off loading and storing SMS messages for Archive Purposes, Search the Internet for ABC Amber Blackberry. This is a fairly inexpensive application that will extract all sorts of messags from your BB Backup File (.ipd) and export them in a variety of formats. It includes the SMS messages as one of the exportables.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    2050C02C

Thanks Rcbjr, I've just had a search and have a few versions, I'll download and try it now, the sending was more just to save time but downloading was important to me

Here's to a Happy 2007 BBing

Tim