Hello all, first off I'd like to welcome myself to the boards, I've been an ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

roastedbagel no está en línea Stack level 1

Downloading issue in Opera Mini

Advertisement

Hello all, first off I'd like to welcome myself to the boards, I've been an avid observer for the past week, as I just picked up my Pearl last friday (and friggin cant keep my hands off it! ) Anyway, I downloaded Opera Mini 3.0, and whenever I try to download something, as I'm clicking "yes" to the "opera will download this, and may close the browser, yada yada". Once I hit yes, it just simply reverts back to the previous screen. I searched on this forum, as well on the opera forums, and unfortunately half the replies are in a foreign language lol. I found a thread there with the same issue in English, but it didnt really give a good solution to the problem. My settings are as follows:

Opera: 3.0
    APN: wap.voicestream.com

Any help would be really appreciated, as I love the interface of Opera, but it seems the BB Browser seems to be more functional for me right now. Thanks again in advance!!!

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    When you choose to download something in Opera (such as an image), it should take you to the BB browser to finish the download. The image will open by itself in the BB browser and you can Click + Save. Now some sites will block direct linking to images and prevent you from going direct to the image location, as the BB browers needs to do for this Opera operation. Or perhaps Opera does not have permission to access your browser? Check in Options - Advanced - Application Permissions.
    Is it just one type of file? Or certain sites? Or just everything that won't download?
    Unfortunately the Opera Mini browser is not taylor-made for the Blackberry, as evident from shortcuts, menus, etc. Some of the functionality is great, but some needs to be worked on specifically for the BB. I'll be waiting patiently.

roastedbagel no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey, thanks so much for the reply, sorry, passed out afterwards and didn't get to come back till now Anywho, it seems to happen to anything I try to download, even for instance, say I go to wap.getjar.com (im sure you're familiar with it) and enter a quick code to download whatever app, once it goes to download, it just reverts back to the previous screen. Same if I say try to download a .3gp clip from tinytube. I am going to check the permissions thing now as you stated earlier and will let you know of the situation.