I just upgraded to the Pearl from a 7105 on T-Mobile. I have installed a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

thoughtout no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E8338D

Download size from internet browser

Advertisement

I just upgraded to the Pearl from a 7105 on T-Mobile. I have installed a 1G MicroSD card with the Mass storage set on, when I try to download (in the internet browser) a larger (2MB or more) file I get the HTTP Error 413 -Request enitity to large. Is there a setting somewhere I am not setting correctly? Or is this just not possible to download "Larger Files" on the phone?

FYI-
    1. Using a laptop with the Pearl as modem there is no file size restriction.
    2. Seems EDGE is limited in my area of Shelton, Connecticut so GPRS is on 95% of time (Will that get better soon T-Mobile?).
    Thanks
    Mike Talmadge
    http://thoughtout.biz

MinnMonkey no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have had the same problem, and I believe that since everything is stored on your system memory, it is limited to 2MB.

I really hope in the near future there is an option to save directly to the SD Card.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

PIN/ID
    23E8338D
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnMonkey
    I have had the same problem, and I believe that since everything is stored on your system memory, it is limited to 2MB.

I really hope in the near future there is an option to save directly to the SD Card.
    I just tried it again. It does give you this option to save to the SD card, just not until you have downloaded it into what appears to be a cache file. For instance this link (add the http : / / thingy if you want to try) thoughtout.biz/podcast/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/THOUGHTOUT.BIZ-07.mp3 is a small podcast file (111k) that if you have a SC card you can save it there (or your standard location) when the download procedure ends. You can probably see that I am trying to download podcast files on the fly. I guess it is a limitation in the software right now and not a setting. Damn!
    Thanks
    Mike Talmadge

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    thoughtout, Welcome to PinStack.

I do believe that there is a limit on how big a file can be downloaded using the Browser, and that it's about 2MB.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I am looking to do rhe same thing. Let me know how it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtout
    I just tried it again. It does give you this option to save to the SD card, just not until you have downloaded it into what appears to be a cache file. For instance this link (add the http : / / thingy if you want to try) thoughtout.biz/podcast/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/THOUGHTOUT.BIZ-07.mp3 is a small podcast file (111k) that if you have a SC card you can save it there (or your standard location) when the download procedure ends. You can probably see that I am trying to download podcast files on the fly. I guess it is a limitation in the software right now and not a setting. Damn!

PIN/ID
    23E8338D
    Ok, I can accept that the browser won't let you download a greater than 2Mb file. Does any one know if we could copy and paste the link into another application that will allow this type of downloading? If not where do we post a wish list for such an app? I am sure plenty of people would even put up some cash for such a simple "downloader" app.
    Thanks
    Mike Talmadge

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I am game. I am always on the fly and like to view short news and sports video clips. Edge makes for slowish downloading, but works for small clips.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtout
    Ok, I can accept that the browser won't let you download a greater than 2Mb file. Does any one know if we could copy and paste the link into another application that will allow this type of downloading? If not where do we post a wish list for such an app? I am sure plenty of people would even put up some cash for such a simple "downloader" app.