Hey guys. my girlfriend got a blackberry pearl just before christmas (She loved my curve ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

zero.gwd no está en línea Stack level 1

Download Blackberry Messenger with Pearl OR Curve- unsupported device?

Advertisement

Hey guys.

my girlfriend got a blackberry pearl just before christmas (She loved my curve just that much (: ).

Problem here is that she accidently deleted blackberry messenger from her pearl, and whenever I attempt and OTA or otherwise I get an error saying that the device isn't supported. I tried it a few times, nothing worked. Then I attempted to download it again with my curve, and it STILL gives me the "unsupported device" error.

So what am I doing wrong, or is there another way for me to download it without using http://www.blackberry.com/messenger ?

Please help me out. I'd really like to be able to IM her.

Also, while I'm at it, without a data plan about how much is google talk or blackberry messenger going to run up on a phone bill? Do they use a lot of data overall?

Thanks!

- Matthew

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Download Blackberry Messenger with Pearl OR Curve- unsupported device?

matthew, download the pearl OS, install it on your PC. then run application loader and on the main screen (where you add the apps) scroll down and make sure that blackberry messenger is checked. then finish following the prompts on the install wizard. that should set you guys up

about the google talk and bbm, i don't even know if you could use them without a data plan. who is your carrier?

penk no está en línea Stack level 3

cherri's got the solution to the BBMess install.

i went through hell trying to fix some issues with BBMess, having the same download problem. this isn't discussed much, but BBMess is now part of the 4.2 OS itself, and not a separate application. the error message at the OTA dl site could be improved to clarify why "your device isn't supported".

as for the data plan, it really is essential to fully enjoy the 'berry, and i believe necessary for both GTalk and BBMess.

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

Use this program to monitor the usage of any data trafic:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...i_monitor.html

Its excelent, leave it in the background all the time

I use JiveTalk for all my IM needs Check out their web page for a 30 day free tiral: http://www.beejive.com/

prices are 20$ and 30$ , for 30$ you can transfer the license to another BB device if you decide to change phone

cupiecat no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245061B0
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Help!! I have a 8300 Curve. BB messanger was deleted from my bb. My usb port is NOT working. I tried the ATT website and my device is not supported. I need to know if there is another link or something that I can use to download OTA. DM will not work for me. Like I said above my usb is not working.

GeeMrScience no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by zero.gwd View Post
    Hey guys.

<SNIPPED>
    Also, while I'm at it, without a data plan about how much is google talk or blackberry messenger going to run up on a phone bill? Do they use a lot of data overall?
    Thanks!
    - Matthew
    Most carriers won't let you use a data service without some type of data plan that you pay extra for. I know T-Mobile now requires the 19.99 or 29.99 Blackberry plans to use Instant Messaging itself on the new Curve, let alone BBM.

And in re of the BBM, listen to cherrichiodo, she's right on target on that...
    King illegal forest to pig wild kill in it a is!