anyone know of a way on how to do that because i have tried a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

nikjay25 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question downgrading the O.S. on my 8100...?

Advertisement

anyone know of a way on how to do that because i have tried a couple ways however they let me down, so i was wondering if anyone had a working way of downgrading the os, or even better if there is anyway to reinstall another file of the same OS because my camera's white balance is way to high, like everything is bright, (thats the only problem, and i would think installing the same OS from a different file would solve the problem). well if there is a better solution to this than reloding the OS please help, if not can you help be downgrade then upgrade so i can get the camera back to normal again? by the way i have 4.5.0.37 currently on the phone.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    nikjay -- you have to first uninstall the 4.5 OS from your PC (control panel>add or remove applications)

then install the OS you would like to downgrade to, remembering to delete the vendor.xml file to get app loader to recognize it.

once you install the older OS, then launch DM. if the installation and uninstallation of the new went as planned, then DM will recognize you are running a newer OS and ask you if you would like to downgrade.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    downgrading is easy... You just need to uninstall which ever OS you do not want. Start>Control Panel>Add Remove Programs.

Then install the OS you want to downgrade to. Then Run the DM and then Plug in your BB. It should prompt you to downgrade.

Not sure what, what issues you're having with the Camera, but have you tried playing with the Options for it?

Cherri beat me to it

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Camera is messed up on that version for the pearl. Even the "official" one, settings don't do anything. I think someone found a workaround but involved the camera app from a different version, maybe about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

nikjay25 no está en línea Stack level 2
    thanks guys ill keep you updated and comment if something goes wrong.

DataCentre no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    208759D5
    Just tried .46 and it too hasn't addressed the white balance issue. I had to go back to .18 which seems to be the most stable on my 8100.

minosa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB58E
    I'm going back to 4.2

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by DataCentre View Post
    Just tried .46 and it too hasn't addressed the white balance issue. I had to go back to .18 which seems to be the most stable on my 8100.
    Yeah, I'm on .52 and still no resolution (no pun intended) to the camera issue . As I did with .42 and .46, I'm gonna keep it for awhile to see it's differences. I've used .18 for the most part. It's stable AND the camera works. OS .52 loaded without a hitch and there were no issues with my media card.

mDRagON- no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c161f
    I use the .42 and think of going back down to offical release from RIM. I really like to enjoy all the nice themes that are out. You folks do an awesome job of making themes.

Aloha!

ashdub01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2460d307
    I just upgraded last night and regret it so Im going back to 4.2 Got my hope up for nothing

ashdub01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2460d307
    hey where can I download my old OS 4.2 at? TMO by the way

antoinetteL3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ashdub01 View Post
    hey where can I download my old OS 4.2 at? TMO by the way
    If you go to the tmobile site under upgrades you will find your software.

jmpbbpearl no está en línea Stack level 1
    im downgrading as we speak, phone was having internet problems as well as slow loading of applications speeds.