Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Could someone please tell me how to DOWNGRADE my software? I've tried searching the forums, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

PacificDude8 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Question Downgrading Handheld Software (pearl)

Advertisement

Could someone please tell me how to DOWNGRADE my software? I've tried searching the forums, and can not find any instructions outlining this procedure. I know that T-Mobile is releasing a "catch up" release, tomorrow, but I want to know how to downgrade because my phone has become EXTREMELY sluggish lately. at first it was the 1300 saved text msg's I had lol. then it sped up, but now if I even try to respond to a text, I press the keys and it takes 5 seconds to show the phrase I typed.

Thanks

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    hold on...i had to do it. let me find the thread

its somewhere under NEW OS. BRB

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    You will need to download the earlier version and execute it or if you still have the exe file just execute it on your PC. Then when you connect to Desktop manager and select Applications loader you should get a notice about previous software and a question about downgrading, just accept it and it should load.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    ATA
    hes too fast for me...and on texas time...shouldn't you be in bed rc?

MrKorney no está en línea Stack level 2
    hey now...dont mess with texas :-P

PIN/ID
    ATA
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hey never!

< - texchicknsf

Texan - Born and raised!

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Yeah, I should, but I can't get caught up with all the new problems people are having here.

I'm heading that way right now. Good night.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

PIN/ID
    I tried that but it yells at me and says there's an update for the BB messenger & I don't even have it installed because I don't use it. I guess I'll try it first and go from there to see if it works. thanks so much

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

Pacific Dude:

I have 1700+ SMS messages, in addition to email, and never have any issues with sending or composing or whatever.

Q: what do you have the SMS history set to?

Options --> SMS --> "number of previous items" = ??

I would suggest setting it to zero.

I found that with any other setting, the BlackBerry was bogged down with loading the conversation thread and became very slow to type and slow to do anything.

I was even chatting with another stacker about her SMS deleting itself, and we think it's because her BlackBerry memory was full due to having the message history set to 50.

I've got a hunch that the BlackBerry isn't merely concatenating a string of SMS together when you open to read or reply, but rather saving a new additional "massage" EACH TIME with all SMS in a string! It's the only explanation I can think of. (Does that make sense? What I'm trying to explain?)

The other stacker went from less than 1 MB file free to over 16 MB file free, just from clearing the SMS database!!! Something was strange there.

So, I would say that if your SMS history is set to a high number (high being anything other than zero! ), try pushing that down to zero BEFORE dumping the OS. You may still end up with the same problem anyway.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis
    I've got a hunch that the BlackBerry isn't merely concatenating a string of SMS together when you open to read or reply, but rather saving a new additional "massage" EACH TIME with all SMS in a string! It's the only explanation I can think of. (Does that make sense? What I'm trying to explain?)
    Lewis, I think you may be correct on this. I don't use SMS, but PINs do the same thing, showing the whole conversation. I usually delete any but the latest when the thread seems to be finished, but I still want a record. It keeps everything up to the limit set in the Options, and doesn't delete anything from the kept PIN. SMS probably works the same way.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro
    You also have to uninstall the "newer" version of the OS that's on your device! This is the one thing people get caught on. Just go to the install file that intalled it for you, double click it, and pick uninstall.

Then install the "old" version, and run desktop manager, it should work then...

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Trying not to threadjack here but how do you find out how many SMS are stored on your device?

Alex

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Thanks for that I7oobie, I don't remember having to do that when I downgraded mine the one time I wanted to. But that was a long time ago, and I'm getting older.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by I7oobie
    You also have to uninstall the "newer" version of the OS that's on your device! This is the one thing people get caught on. Just go to the install file that intalled it for you, double click it, and pick uninstall.

Then install the "old" version, and run desktop manager, it should work then...
    Okay I'm having problems still.. and maybe this is it. I have the O2 OS installed... and I want to switch to the new Tmo update. But after installing the new desktop manager software, and then installing the new handheld software on my PC - the application loader NEVER PROMPTS me

What am I doing wrong here?

PIN/ID

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis

Pacific Dude:

I have 1700+ SMS messages, in addition to email, and never have any issues with sending or composing or whatever.

Q: what do you have the SMS history set to?

Options --> SMS --> "number of previous items" = ??

I would suggest setting it to zero.

I found that with any other setting, the BlackBerry was bogged down with loading the conversation thread and became very slow to type and slow to do anything.

I was even chatting with another stacker about her SMS deleting itself, and we think it's because her BlackBerry memory was full due to having the message history set to 50.

The other stacker went from less than 1 MB file free to over 16 MB file free, just from clearing the SMS database!!! Something was strange there.

So, I would say that if your SMS history is set to a high number (high being anything other than zero! ), try pushing that down to zero BEFORE dumping the OS. You may still end up with the same problem anyway.
    Thanks - I like the feature, and totally understand what you were trying to say, so I'm trying it on 2 rather than 0 first. I love that it show's the last couple msg's, I'm a blond so I need all the help I can get remember what and who I said what to LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast