I was trying to downgrade my OS as discussed in forum, deleted 4.5.066 from PC, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

firegeek no está en línea Stack level 3

Downgraded now DM won't recognize handheld

Advertisement

I was trying to downgrade my OS as discussed in forum, deleted 4.5.066 from PC, ran 4.3.097 from VZW. Now it is still showing 4.5 on handheld and DM will not connect to it.......

Can you please help?
    Firegeek......and crackberry addict

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Uninstall the 4.5 OS from your PC, then launch the DM again.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Did you delete the vendor.xml file from the 4.3 OS? It won't show up in DM if you didn't.

^^^ Do that first. If it still doesn't see the OS for downgrade, then uninstall the 4.5 OS.

Using the vzw os. Vzw phone. Shouldn't have to delete the vendor.xml file. 4.5 already deleted from pc. What if I deleted all os's and theb reloaded the desired 4.3 would that help? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Go ahead and delete the vendor.xml.

Will do when I can get back on the computer. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

the vendor.xml file is deleted and I still cannot get my handheld to be recognized by DM. Getting a new Pearl shipped overnight and cannot get my OS reverted. 4.5 os is no where to be found on my PC. Wondering if I remove DM and reinstall if that would help.

OK. So here is what I did. I made sure that 4.5 was deleted by going into Control panel, it was. Then, while DM was running and handheld was connected, I did a battery pull. Waited about a minute, then when it re-booted it was recognized by DM. Have now downgraded to VZW's 4.3. Didn't really want to do it but having call issues as well as locking up and having problems with the Browser loosing signal at odd times. Getting Pearl #3 tomorrow.....we'll see how that one goes. If not, Curve here I come!!!!! One way or the other.
    Last edited by firegeek; 09-08-2008 at 11:58 PM.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Try deleting and re-installing the DM. But if it doesn't work, then when your new one arrives, try this:

I have had an issue 3 times with my 8330 where the DM refused to recognize it but I could still use my BB in mass storage mode and transfer files to the media card etc, so it wasn't a problem with the usb cable or ports. Each time what fixed it was plugging another BB to the PC, open DM, DM recognized that BB, disconnected, hooked my BB back up and it was recognized. So, if the re-install of the DM doesn't work tonight, try this. It's worth a shot if desperate....
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Thanks everyone for the help and trouble shooting. 4.3 is loading now. Another testimony why this is the absolute best community on the web for BB users. If anyone else has the same problem I think the battery pull while plugged in did the trick. Not sure why, but it did.