Hello all I am using BIS with my work email and each time I get ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

countr-reset no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23f8067a

Double Emails

Advertisement

Hello all I am using BIS with my work email and each time I get a new email it is sent twice to my BB. They are usually within 2-3 minutes of each other. I have resent my service books, deleted the account on the BIS site and the added it again, i have even wiped my phone. But i keep getting double emails. This started right after the RIM outage.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Double Emails

is the work email the only one you have pushing to your device? thats wierd that the deletion of the email account and re-adding didn't fix it. i will assume that all of the emails are going thru your exchange server at work first?

PIN/ID
    23f8067a

Yep my work is the only one. On the BIS site it uses my work OWA to get my emails. It is starting to get very frustrating...

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

i use the same thing. did you set up any sort of forwarding on the outlook end? these are just emails you receive right? not ones you are sending?

PIN/ID
    23f8067a

I had a few rules set up but none of the forwarded. I deleted all the rules just to be on the safe side. Yes it only happens on messages I receive...

phatman9 no está en línea Stack level 2

this happened to me too when i first got my blackberry. What i did was delete my other email (not the blackberry one) from my providers website. then i went into the settings of my personal email address and had everything forwarded to the blackberry address and it stopped sending it twice. i dont know if everything i said here applies to you but i think the problem could be with the email address you have at the your cell phone providers web site. i hope this helps

PIN/ID
    23f8067a

I have deleted my ryan@mywork.com email address twice and pushed the service books to my BB then added it back in and it still does not work. I only have 2 email's in the BIS setup, my work and my mycingular.blackberry.net. If I forward all my work email to my BB email account will I still be able to reply with my work email address?

phatman9 no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm not too sure about that. What appears to be happening is that your phone is getting messages from two different mail servers. what you have to do is figure out how to stop one of them.

antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3

in the bis website mycingular.blackberry.net profiles you can decide from which email you want the reply to go from , but you can only choose one , its either , or

PIN/ID
    23f8067a

PERFECT! That just might work for me then... Thanks!

antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by countr-reset
    PERFECT! That just might work for me then... Thanks!
    hopefully it will thats what i do anyway , im with vodafone