I love my Pearl, but I am also disappointed ... it is so close to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mungbeast no está en línea Stack level 1

Don't you wish your Pearl did more?

Advertisement

I love my Pearl, but I am also disappointed ... it is so close to being the everything gadget I want with me at all times, but so far ... here's what I want before I buy another RIM product:
    Streaming content from the web (YouTube and XM Radio, especially)
    A browser that lets you download content to the memory card (video and audio files especially)
    A video player that supports QuickTime and RealPlayer at least
    An audio player that support WMA
    Now is that too much to ask? If RIM can get this figured out, why would I need to buy anyone else's phone, ever?
    Last edited by mungbeast; 01-21-2007 at 03:09 PM. Reason: typo

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Re: Don't you wish your Pearl did more?

Ye, Id probably ask for a few things as well, but as for now Im use to what it is and believe it or not, I like it

ceverhart no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20D0514

I would think it's in the future. Data speeds are still around dialup for phones, not counting wifi. Maybe when Wifi is just as available as your phone connection. Japan has it I think, but look at the size of Japan vs. the size of the US.

dwagman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

I'm just disappointed that if I want to edit a MS Office document I need to purchase a 3rd Party application.

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

I think the Pearl should accept more video types. Also think it should have more themes(hoefully that will change).

GP

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

I am content over all . I researched and knew what the Pearl offered and did not offer before I purchased it. Now I cant really complain that it doesnt have something (video would be nice but I knew it didnt have it when I purchased it) as chances are I knew that before purchasing it.

They only things I didnt know and have complained about were lack of HTML email support, lumping all the sms/mms/email in one folder and lack of support for audio/video file types.

engz no está en línea Stack level 2

I would really love to be able to browse thro youtube and watch vids. That would be great but for now, I love the blackberry the way it is now. I'm on my 88 right now actually and I was wondering bc I just noticed this morning.

How the hell does this phone know when its in the holster? I set 2 different ringtones for out and in holster. I've tried to hold the fone sideways and put in in my pocket and the in holster ringtone only goes off when its actually iun my holster. I was just wondering......

schattenmann no está en línea Stack level 2

Seriously, in todays business life, you have your PC laptop or MacBook always holstered... so reading Word-Docs or checking out YouTube? That´s what the "working gear" is build for IMHO.

Even when smartphones are getting smarter and smarter, this is my COMMUNICATIONS hub and for me, it makes pefect sense to have both of them, the one for communications and the one for working.

That´s why the Pearl is a very, very good choice for me. It delievers all in need for communication with family and business partner - and my laptop fits perfect for my working needs.

ym2c

pearl-8100 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245ac9c6

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well don't they have a tinytube.com that works just as well as youtube but I may be wrong

Hyper no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24FDAA1C

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Just got mine a few days back and the only thing I want more in this phone is a Nokia E61 like browser.

Ofcourse wifi would have been a welcome addition.
    But overall, I love the pearl.