This may be helpful for those ppl who try to use their Pearl as a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

schmunger no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317d7c77

You don't need Desktop Manager to be opened to run your tethered modem...

Advertisement

This may be helpful for those ppl who try to use their Pearl as a modem but desktop manager causes problems with the connection.

I kind of learned this by accident and don't know if its posted anywhere on the forums or not but the other day, when I had the DM opened, I went into the Blackberry Device Manager properties and under the Device Connection tab, I placed a check mark on 'Start Blackberry Device Manager on system startup'. Turned my computer off last night and I when I got home today from work, turned my PC on and forgot to open up Desktop Manager. Plugged my Pearl to the USB cable and successfully connected to the Internet. Not only that, I have been using the Pearl as a tethered modem for the past two hours now and not once have I got disconnected. Usually when I have the DM running, I always get booted off at least once within each hour and I would have to reconnect. Well, its only been a couple of hours (and going) as I had mentioned and if my connection stays until I disconnect it myself and if it continues to work this way, then I might connect like this from now on eventhough every tethered modem setup thread states you need to have DM running. Can anyone else that uses their Pearl as a modem try this and see if you're able to connect also w/o the DM opened. I'm running the DM 4.2 (non SP2) version and Rogers .94 OS. Just want some feedback with this method of connecting. Thanks in advance.

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD

Re: You don't need Desktop Manager to be opened to run your tethered modem...

Hi schmunger, you're absolutely right. I can't tell you how much times I use to forget to open DM before trying to connect. I made the adjustments you mentioned and it worked. Thanks for the advice.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: You don't need Desktop Manager to be opened to run your tethered modem...

nice info!
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!