My BB browser freezes when it says it is requesting. It fills all the way ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tj2311111 Guest

Dont Know if This Is Related To The New OS or Not?

Advertisement

My BB browser freezes when it says it is requesting. It fills all the way up but goes no where and just freezes there. I try to click for the menu it doesnt work until I keep doing it a few times (at least 7) and I try a new link it doesnt even request it just stays where it is. Basically I cant do anything for quite a while. During these times I had at least 2 bars of coverage. I did a battery pull and everything worked again but it happened a couple of times. Was just curious if this is related to the new OS (never happened with my previous version) or a browser setting or something?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Dont Know if This Is Related To The New OS or Not?

Kind of sounds like the same issue 4.2 Beta 8700 browser had.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Yea probably the 1.66 OS what sites are you going to? Or is this happening when you bootup the BB? I remember it had that issue of booting the browser at startup, so you have to delete the IM service books to stop that. Other than that, it's probably the OS.

tj2311111 Guest

Well the site I was trying to load was IWSTI.com and then after that Nasioc.com....Nope Im not having any problems at startup. Havent been having those problems that others have been facing with the browser. It worked fine for awhile then the problem in my first post starts. After I did the battery pull though everything worked and has been working fine ever since. Ill have to wait and see if it comes back. So Im kinda curious as to what it could be.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Here I'll check with mine, I downgraded to .73...one sec......

EDIT: Just works fine...it may just be your emulation or settings could have changed for your browser?
    Last edited by reddog187; 03-21-2007 at 08:14 PM.

Macdarwin no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by teamjordan23
    Well the site I was trying to load was IWSTI.com and then after that Nasioc.com....Nope Im not having any problems at startup. Havent been having those problems that others have been facing with the browser. It worked fine for awhile then the problem in my first post starts. After I did the battery pull though everything worked and has been working fine ever since. Ill have to wait and see if it comes back. So Im kinda curious as to what it could be.

Hey i go to Nasioc too!!!
    but i only have a WRX...
    anyway I never had any problems viewing NASIOC on my BB and I have the Italy OS.

tj2311111 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Macdarwin
    Hey i go to Nasioc too!!!
    but i only have a WRX...
    anyway I never had any problems viewing NASIOC on my BB and I have the Italy OS.

Haha nice. Im working on getting a 04/05 STI soon or a 2001 2.5RS. Just been doing some research for awhile on the sites. I tend to visit IWSTI more. Back on topic.

Thats weird. I dont know what it couldve been then. It seems to be working fine now. Ill give it some time and see if it happens again. Never happened with my previous OS, thats why I concluded it might be that. Also none of those sites were down during this time, I dont think.
    Last edited by tj2311111; 03-21-2007 at 08:39 PM.