Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi, So i bought a blackberry 8100 on ebay. It worked great for a month ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Dbspiel529 no está en línea Stack level 2

Don't buy a bb on ebay!!! STOLEN PHONE

Advertisement

Hi,
    So i bought a blackberry 8100 on ebay. It worked great for a month and a half, until i tried to update the operating system. When I plugged it into my comp it started updating and then said disconnected. From this point onward the phone wouldn't turn on and it was wiped. I contacted RIM and they looked up my PIN number and concluded that the PIN had been tampered with and it was most probably a stolen phone. I really dont want to just throw this phone away...its basically brand new. Do you know of anyway to get some type of blackberry software that is compatible on any unit. The phone worked perfectly for a month so i know there had to have originally been software for it. RIM basically said they won't do anything for me because it has been tampered with.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Damn dude, that sucks. I never buy anything from ebay because of this very same reason and some others which I'd rather not talk about here. Have you tried wiping the phone? You could try through JLcmdr or Crackutil. I love crackutil, it works flawlessly or even that new manager something I forgot the link sorry. Good luck
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Lvallejo666 no está en línea Stack level 3
    My friends, you can't judge ebay and every seller on ebay cause of one low-life who ripped you off. There's a lot of good trustworthy people on ebay. Sorry you had bad luck. Did you contact ebay so they can ban this sucker and stop him from ripping someone else?

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    BBSAK
    godsdameatIluvdezlittleboxes

The answer to everything?...BBSAK http://rimgeeks.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=56

camshafter no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    yea PLEASE contact ebay, this person will be banned and you should get your cash back....JUST DO IT MAN

no...the truth is that the seller i bought it from had a great reputation.

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    Thats terrible about your phone, did it not have a 30 day return policy or to credit your monies back?

I actually have a phone on here Im selling and I also have it listed on EBay as well, and not too mention Craigs List.

Beware of who you buy on craigs list or sale to there as well I keep getting people from Nigera wanting to pay twice what Im asking for.

You can see mine here http://forums.pinstack.com/f261/for_...ne_3gs-115331/

iLord is DEAD!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by Lvallejo666 View Post
    My friends, you can't judge ebay and every seller on ebay cause of one low-life who ripped you off. There's a lot of good trustworthy people on ebay. Sorry you had bad luck. Did you contact ebay so they can ban this sucker and stop him from ripping someone else?
    I agree 100%. I have bought and sold over 100 phones on ebay and have not had one issue. As with buying or selling anything on ebay, look at the person's feedback rating, this is a good indicator of how reputable they are. Also see how many items they have actually sold.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Not necessarily, this guy had a 99.4% positive rating and had sold over 27,000 items...its possible that the seller didn't even know if was a stolen phone. that's what i would assumer

ron1971 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Is why I won't shop on e-bay. Might be able to get your carrier to reprogram the phone for you

gerbilplay4 no está en línea Stack level 1
    OMG! I'm waiting for my BlackBerry 7290 to arrive from someone with 99.4% positive feedback! Care to say who the seller is, at least in a PM?
    If you want a BlackBerry for email with a phone, get the 7290. If you want a BlackBerry for a phone with email, get something else.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbspiel529 View Post
    Not necessarily, this guy had a 99.4% positive rating and had sold over 27,000 items...its possible that the seller didn't even know if was a stolen phone. that's what i would assumer
    If this vendor had a 99% FBR, then he was reputable enough for you to contact and tell him the device was stolen. A vendor that big doesnt want any negative feedback over $20 profit for a cell phone. Did you even contact him?
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Did you even contact him?
    If he didn't then that would be quite stupid in the sense that his money could be refunded or he could get a new phone.
    If you want a BlackBerry for email with a phone, get the 7290. If you want a BlackBerry for a phone with email, get something else.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Man, Just send me your phone. I know ways to make that shenanigan work for me
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Should I ask how?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast