Hey, stackers! I'll make this quick. Cannot set up my prime email account (yahoo) and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Luterko no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Does Yahoo charge for BIS email account?

Advertisement

Hey, stackers!

I'll make this quick. Cannot set up my prime email account (yahoo) and notification 'invalid username/password' keeps popping up. My carrier (Telenor, I live in Serbia, Europe) claims that I need to get Premium account on Yahoo which needs to be paid. Is this true? Anyone with a similar issue?

camshafter no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    hum, i dont think so...im not in Europe but i use regular not premium yahoo as my main email and it sets up with no problems at all...sorry i cant help any more

ChrisAG no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b2cf00
    Is your yahoo account linked to the US, UK or other Y!?
    The joy of life is increase by sharing it with others.

PIN/ID
    24b2cf00
    I experienced similar issues using the Y! .com and switched to Y! .co.uk to solve my issues.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisAG View Post
    Is your yahoo account linked to the US, UK or other Y!?
    i live in the US so i guess US, yea try chrisAG...but my account is just yahoo.com

First of all, thanx for responding. I have contacted yahoo yesterday and I am still waiting for the reply. Meanwhile I have tried everything. This address really mean a lot to me, it is THE ONE for me, both business and personal. And it is not attached to either UK or US. It is just ...@yahoo.com. Never had any issues entering my email account via desktop PC. Think I should change to UK? Or US? Even though I do not live there? Will the emails still be reaching me if people send to yahoo.com and I switch to yahoo.co.uk?

PIN/ID
    24b2cf00
    I wish I had a better answer to give you... @yahoo.com addresses are usually lined to the US service and they do have a limitation on mail forwarding to POP accounts (requiring an upgrade). It seems strange that you've experienced this with BIS. I'd wait to hear from Yahoo!, switching to .co.uk would mean notifying everyone of the change... Sorry.
    Last edited by ChrisAG; 07-30-2010 at 10:23 PM. Reason: added info

PIN/ID
    ask
    is this a used phone? with maybe a old email account attached to it? just thinking

Still waiting for yahoo to contact me (it's been more than 24hrs). Guess I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere here. No, camshafter, thanx for brainstorming, but this is not an old device. I am the owner of both 8100 and the email account. I just can't imagine myself now changing the email address. Yes, the issue is that POP thing, I presume.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Luterko View Post
    Still waiting for yahoo to contact me (it's been more than 24hrs). Guess I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere here. No, camshafter, thanx for brainstorming, but this is not an old device. I am the owner of both 8100 and the email account. I just can't imagine myself now changing the email address. Yes, the issue is that POP thing, I presume.
    Ok. Well truly wish I knew what was up. Please keep us posted and good luck

Thanx a lot for the support, guys! Appreciate it.

Hey, guys! Just wanted to inform you that I got a reply from Yahoo! and was told that the service could not be supported in my country. They advised me to check my email via phone browser visiting www.m.yahoo.com. How messed up is that?! Plus my carrier limits the BIS use to 30MB (I mean that is included in the cost of a monthly plan), which means that they will charge me much more to visit the page via the browser. I emailed the carrier asking for some kind of discount for visiting this particular page. I am messed up. Do your carriers limit the use of BIS?

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Luterko View Post
    Hey, guys! Just wanted to inform you that I got a reply from Yahoo! and was told that the service could not be supported in my country. They advised me to check my email via phone browser visiting www.m.yahoo.com. How messed up is that?! Plus my carrier limits the BIS use to 30MB (I mean that is included in the cost of a monthly plan), which means that they will charge me much more to visit the page via the browser. I emailed the carrier asking for some kind of discount for visiting this particular page. I am messed up. Do your carriers limit the use of BIS?
    no my carrier doesnt limit me but i do have unlimited data..man you situation totally sucks!!!!! sorry man, its kind of like why even have a bb...sorry again