need the DST Patch? I just bought my phone 2 weeks ago and I had ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

moonpie23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2402DDDB

Does the new OS 4.2.1.96....

Advertisement

need the DST Patch? I just bought my phone 2 weeks ago and I had the patch with the old OS. I put the newest OS on the phone and I noticed the DST Patch is missing when I go to the applications list.

The reason I am asking is because all my times are right in the BB but when I synched to Outlook all the times were 1 hour earlier.

I do not have the DST patch for windows because I do not have windows SP2 and it would not let me download the patch earlier this year.

I think that may be the reason but just want some help from more knowledgable people. Please let me know if the DST patch is needed on the BB if I have the latest OS.

Any clues to why outlook is an hour earlier if the patch isn't needed?

Pinstackers are great...I have been missing out on a lot of sleep since I got this damn phone but I wouldn't give it up after only 2 weeks....

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Does the new OS 4.2.1.96....

If you have the latest OS then you are fine. It's included in the OS.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You Don't have SP2 that came out years ago? You really need to do something about that pirated Windows XP.

moonpie23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2402DDDB

just don't want the hassle of redoing all conflicts with current software...I guess I am out of luck is what you are saying or did you just want to give me a hard time

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Sorry. I guess I did Fire, Ready, Aim.

I had no issues until I built a new machine from scratch, installed SP2 and all patches before any other software and learned I had to upgrade my Zonealarm. For you, without SP2 and all the patches you're a sitting duck for any cyber attack. Before I make any major change to my system, I insert a 2nd hard drive, ghost (Symantec Ghost) the entire system, remove the 2nd hard drive and fire away.