Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by detourkid i can put mine in standby ,but just as soon as ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Waterdog no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Does anyone else's pearl not stay in standby mode?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by detourkid
    i can put mine in standby ,but just as soon as i put it in the carry case it comes off standby..
    This is the exact issue that I have. There have been plenty of times where not only has it gone out of standby, but I have on occasion placed calls and sent emails inadvertently. If anyone has a fix, I would love to hear it! I assume that this is a bug in the OS but I believe that I have the most recent OS from T-Mobile as I just purchased the phone 45 days ago.

Concerning the music, this happened to me as well. Unfortunately, I did not realize that it was going to happen until I attempted to use Standby while sitting in a conference room at the start of a meeting. I literally had to sit on my phone to mute the sound so I did not look like a moron! Doing a battery pull seemed to fix it and I have not had the issue since.

winzlo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    208CE2E7

FYI, this is happening to me as well, even with the newer (T-Mobile unsupported) 4.2.1.101 OS. It's a major irritant to find out that I leave 2+ minute voicemails which people hear nothing but me walking or carrying something that happened to bump the keypad.

Does this happen to anyone that has a pouch with the sensor in it to put the phone into "holster mode"? The 8100 holster I have is 3rd party and does not have a sensor that puts the phone into holster mode, so if that is the easiest way to fix this, that's what I'll do. Wish the 8100 had a plastic holster like the 8700g and older 7250's do, where the buttons face inward and the plastic ensures that they don't get pressed. Seems like RIM is a little behind on the 8100, or just stopped working with it in lieu of the 8800, which is twice the price.

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

I haven't seen this issue in the .101 OS. However my sound is muted again when receiving a call and removing it from the holster...

PIN/ID
    208CE2E7

Quote Originally Posted by Kortanis
    I haven't seen this issue in the .101 OS. However my sound is muted again when receiving a call and removing it from the holster...
    I've not tested the media player part of this thread, but the unexpected out-calling is definitely a problem that still exists in 4.2.1.101.

Upon further testing, I can hold ANY button for 30 seconds while it is in standby and have it stay in standby, EXCEPT the power/hang up button. If I hold that for 5 seconds, the pearl wakes up. Seems foolish, since the purpose of the standby mode is to disable accidental use of the keypad.

If someone has a holster that tells the pearl that it is in a holster and tries to hit the power key through the case, I'm wondering if they can tell if it wakes up or not. May not be possible, but I'll also test this theory next time I'm in a T-Mobile store and can "evaluate" a case.

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

Yes you are going to need a holster with a sensor in it...thats how the bb knows it's in a holster and therefore lock the keypad. BTW: supposedly your supposed to face the bb into this holster http://www.blackberryking.com/access...ter&skuno=7824

PIN/ID
    208CE2E7

Thanks - that's the holster that I couldn't find directly on RIM's site, but exactly what I need!

timusca no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F9ACE8

I never use Standby, so I don't know...

PIN/ID
    208CE2E7

FYI, I ordered from http://www.blackberryking.com/ and while it seemed to go through, I never got an e-mail with my order confirmation. I called them the next business day and they were able to e-mail me the order confirmation, which then allowed me to track my order. Best to keep an eye on your purchase from the bank, and if you see it processed without the confirmation, call and request it. Not the first time I've seen small companies have that problem...

PIN/ID
    208CE2E7

Ok, here are my conclusions about the proposed solution:

1. This clip is locally available from T-Mobile (or any cellular kiosk in most malls)
    2. The clip does NOT have the magnet that places the cell into "holstered" mode (for use in locking the keypad as well as the alternate profile preferences.
    3. The parent company for www.blackberryking.com was very quick to answer my support calls, but failed to provide DHL my delivery address as part of their web order, so I had to travel to go GET my clip. Not only that, they did not give me the correct tracking number, so I had to rely on the reference number being the order number (which was fortunately valid.)

On top of all that, the same day I started using this clip, I went to answer my phone, and the entire face plate peeled away from the phone, and I was left with my screen in pieces. Do _NOT_ put your phone in this clip backwards and expect that it will be easy to remove your phone to answer it.

So, now that I've wasted $35 for a $19 clip and overnight S&H, anyone else want to take a stab at a solution for keeping this phone in a locked or suspended mode? So far, holding the * key to lock the phone is not any more reliable then putting it into suspended mode. Somehow, every time I grab for my phone, I see that it made a call or was ready to dial someone in my address book. ARGH doesn't quite cover my reaction.

For those of you that may have this particular "clip", using it normally, it's a very nice clip. However, putting the phone in backwards is not good for the phone, as I found out.

jimdab no está en línea Stack level 2

make sure you have no magnetic-like things in your pocket. i know for a fact i can fake the magnetic-holster effect if i put a magnet to the back of the bb against the gold prongs. i imagine if you have certain magnetic things in your pocket (maybe credit cards even though none of mine do this) it may wake-up the bb.

probably not though but just an idea.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12