Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I use standby mode (holding down mute) a lot, but I've noticed that it doesn't ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sammyjojo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B2747

Does anyone else's pearl not stay in standby mode?

Advertisement

I use standby mode (holding down mute) a lot, but I've noticed that it doesn't stay in standby mode for very long. It's not supposed to come out of standby mode unless you hit mute again, this works for a few minutes and then the phone just acts like it's in key lock mode and any button you hit turns the screen back on. Has anyone else noticed this or had this problem?

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Re: Does anyone else's pearl not stay in standby mode?

I'm having some programming issues too. Won't talk about it in your thread, but when I set up my phone the first time, everything worked as it should. But, when I transferred my 7100t data to the 8100, certain programming/features/settings stopped working as they should [e.g., back light will not stay on for the 2 minutes I set it to do; e-mail will NOT send an audible signal that e-mail has arrived].

Like I said, those things worked before I imported the 7100t stuff.

I think it probably has something to do with conflicting applications/settings between the two devices. In other words, my 7100 settings also got transferred on to the 8100 and the 8100 is now confused.

I might try wiping the 8100 and starting all over again. All I want from the 7100 is my contacts list [have about 300 of them]. So I am going to see if after "resetting" the 8100 if I can just transfer the 7100 contacts and NOT the 7100 settings/applications. There is a way to do it, but I may have goofed up when doing the transfer.

As to your problem, if you did not do any transfers, I know that some settings [such as standby] may be buried in sub menus. Also, it is real easy to change the settings and fail to "save" the changes. You have to press the "menu" key, make the settings, then press the "back" key which should then ask you to "save" the changes. If it is not asking you that, then you have not pressed the correct keys. If you fail to save the changes, then the system default takes over.

I'm sure you are doing things correctly, in which case all I can say is that the 8100 programming seems picky on settings and how things work. If there are conflicts, for example, things just go into default mode. You may want to retrace your actions and attempt to determine when things went bad.

I am a little annoyed that things worked great yesterday, but after I started fooling with things, now it's screwed up. I really think that my problem was caused by the transfer of 7100 files to the 8100.

jason8888 no está en línea Stack level 3

I've noticed it, but I was thinking it was happening after I recieved a call in standby mode. I haven't paid close attention, though.

But here's something for you to try: Go into Media and listen to a sound file (ringtone or whatever). Then hit the end key to exit Media with the sound stil open. Now every time you push the standby button, the sound plays! WTF? Is this a feature or a quirk?

sammyjojo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B2747

Like you said it does come out of standby mode when I get a call, but it shouldn't come out of it for no reason right. I can put mine in standby and then wait a few minutes and hit any key and it's just in key lock mode

Haha, I just tried the listening to sound and leaving it open, then going to sleep thing That's definitely got to be a bug. I'm guessing the not staying in standby probably is too

jason8888 no está en línea Stack level 3

I think it's a feature. You can use it to add sound effects to your life. You could set it on a laugh track or a rim shot and push the standby button every time you tell a joke.

supraz no está en línea Stack level 2

lol @ jason

dwc
    dwc no está en línea Stack level 2

mine is the same. Mute->standby is true standby for a minute or two, and the phone will not wake from a keypress, but requires the mute button to wake up. Sadly, in fact if I try to bring the phone out of standby right after putting it in, I occasionally get an app error and a full phone reboot. (not a java error, this is a big one)

After a couple minutes the phone switches to 'keylock' mode and will wake with any key press.

-Dan

Mhaddy no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by sammyjojo
    I use standby mode (holding down mute) a lot, but I've noticed that it doesn't stay in standby mode for very long. It's not supposed to come out of standby mode unless you hit mute again, this works for a few minutes and then the phone just acts like it's in key lock mode and any button you hit turns the screen back on. Has anyone else noticed this or had this problem?
    I just got a new Pearl with Rogers and this bug still isn't fixed. Does anyone know if we'll be getting a fix that was mentioned in this thread for T-Mobile customers?

detourkid no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242277c6

i can put mine in standby ,but just as soon as i put it in the carry case it comes off standby..

Mhaddy no está en línea Stack level 2

Well, after a little forum searching and specifically this post, it appears as though the security timeout setting, which is default set to 2 minutes, will awaken your BB from Standby mode and switch it to keypad lock.

So the must prudent move right now I suppose is to delay the problem for an hour. Anyone else have a better solution?

tauridds no está en línea Stack level 1

I've just gotton my BB Pearl and the standby mode is already acting up. It turns itself on within 10 sec from standby mode without me doing anything to it. Is there a way to fix this ?? I would really appreciate some input.

Lollie no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245ff0d2

my standby mode works great. . .except when i get a call, how do i get out of the standby mode?

RyanM no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c3f46f

I have the "music playing" when going into standby mode. It's fixed by clearing out anything that was previously playing in the media player. If you simply pause a song or stop it with the song still being in queue, it will likely play when you go into standby. hope that helps.
    75% of the earth is covered by water, the other 25% is covered by Bob Sanders

torgerson no está en línea Stack level 2

I have never had an issue with this feature and I use it all the time.

LizzieLiz no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaddy
    I just got a new Pearl with Rogers and this bug still isn't fixed. Does anyone know if we'll be getting a fix that was mentioned in this thread for T-Mobile customers?
    I was having this same issue with my Rogers Pearl... Fortunately, updating the OS fixes it. The newer version can be found at https://www.shoprogers.com/web_auth/...7UX81T86&type=

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast