Well I'm what you call an excessive texter, and well this is going to be ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

djxphactor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FFB15D

does anyone else have this problem?

Advertisement

Well I'm what you call an excessive texter, and well this is going to be my 3rd blackberry because my key pad n longer responds de to the excessive amount of texts I send out (10000 n 4 weeks). I am sure you wll spot a bunch of typo's in this because some of my keys do not work lol. I have to press them really hard to work and or sometimes don't work at all. So do any of you ace this problem?

jessjessbobess no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: does anyone else have this problem?

I can't say I have that problem.........I usually do around 2,000 a month so i suppose maybe it's because I don't do as many? Does your keypad get really linty underneath or anything? that could make it stop working!

dogNamedMerl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E19E6C

I had the same problem, although I don't write nearly that many texts. Totally took apart my pearl to try and clean the contacts, but no luck. All I did was get dust inside the screen. Ultimately I did a warrenty replace with tmo. They were very understanding and gave me no trouble at all- even though the problem was only intermittant. Shoulda done that rigt away and saved myself a lot of trouble. :-)

Cheers!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

klubhead no está en línea Stack level 3

WoW!1!!! how the hell do you guys go through so many texts? lol that's insane.. i do around 600ish a month and i thought that was a lot..

but anyway.. i would definitely try calling you're provider for a replacement.. i would imagine that kind of problem would be replaceable under warranty

aswanideep no está en línea Stack level 4

No ! Never faced this problem, and don't want to see same happning with any one,

Well I do send more then 15 K text pm , but my keys works good always, only problem come with trackball or cursor , due to heavy load on that, need to change handset in every 6 months coz of joystik or trackball in BB

tafaghodi no está en línea Stack level 3

I would recommend trying sure sure type as it would reduce the amount of buttom presses as compared to multitap.

djxphactor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FFB15D

Thank you all for your guidance and tips! Called Tmo and they are going to replace my phone for free . Also to answer one of the questions up top, I do use sure type but I think just type way too much lol or press the keys too hard, I really don't know what causes this problem but I am determined to find out

Thanks again stackers!

Much love!

-X