Hello: I have had my Pearl for about a month but cannot figure out why ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

buckeyefan no está en línea Stack level 1

Does anybody use GOTOMYPC on their Pearl?

Advertisement

Hello:

I have had my Pearl for about a month but cannot figure out why I cannot get gotomypc to work through Opera Mini as it keeps stating that I need to have Java enabled, but i'm pretty sure I do!

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Does anybody use GOTOMYPC on their Pearl?

Hi buckeyefan, welcome to pinstack. I dont have a pearl, so unfortunately I am of no assistance. Someone else should have the answer shortly.

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

it might be too large for opera to handle that might be the reason its not working on your pearl, also it says you need java you should have java but it just might be givin you random errors because it cant process the large amount of data

Thanks Trigga15. It will not work in the default browser or Opera Mini. I am not sure if it is too big or not, but the message says the following:

"You need a Java-enabled browser to use the GoToMyPC Universal Viewer."

Opera Mini and the default browser ARE Java-enabled!

By the way, I use gotomypc from home all the time to log onto my computer at work. It shows the exact desktop of the computer you log onto and you have all access as if you were sitting right there at that computer (network, etc.). If I could get this to work on my Pearl, maybe I would never have to actually go into the office again!

Any help or suggestions are appreciated!
    TMO 8100

wblovett no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyefan
    Hello:

I have had my Pearl for about a month but cannot figure out why I cannot get gotomypc to work through Opera Mini as it keeps stating that I need to have Java enabled, but i'm pretty sure I do!

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Please - if you figure out how to get gotomypc to work with your Pearl, please let me know. Being ab le to access my work computer from my phone would be incredibly handy.

Well, I checked gotomypc's web page and the help/faq. Apparently there is only support for WinCE devices at this time, but a call to customer service states that (unofficially) they are working on BB support.

Now, I have seen that many people around here are very proficient at getting to a workaround for things likes this. Anyone that comes up with a solution may be able to never go into work again!

Thanks!
    TMO 8100

MrBreeze no está en línea Stack level 2

Remote Desktop for Mobiles works great and has a free 7 day trial

I can't post a url but google shape services and you'll get right there. Check out PRODUCTS then REMOTE ACCESS

PlatinumMOTO no está en línea Stack level 1
    does anyone know of one that can turn the computer on from the phone itself like if it was in hibernation if the phone could wake it up?

I think I'm gonna buy RDM+ but I want to know what my options are with other programs.

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    I seem to recall some Motorola single-boards had a special memory address that if you wrote into it it was equivalent to a hard reset. That may be too much to ask for a computer, though

MM10X no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24299ed1
    Hello, i got the pearl for x-mas. i use operamini and have a dataline, everything. as far as i have researched and know, operamini does not have javascript support!(the reason you cant go to javagameplay :P) check back on the site every once in a while for version 5. hopefully it will have full javascript support and version 6 will possibly have flash!