I read at the GSM Arena website (gsmarena dot com) that the 8220 comes with ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Documents to Go

Advertisement

I read at the GSM Arena website (gsmarena dot com) that the 8220 comes with Documents to Go (Word, Excel) pre-installed. All of you Flip users out there, true or false? Thanks - - -

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Preinstalled? Does that mean the choice isn't there at install time or that it's just been made for you up front?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

I'm just curious whether it's already on the phone when purchased new . . .

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Gotcha. I think pdxmatts has the 8220 - maybe she knows.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    I have a Pearl Flip 8230 here at my wireless store... it does come preinstalled...

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    I read at the GSM Arena website (gsmarena dot com) that the 8220 comes with Documents to Go (Word, Excel) pre-installed. All of you Flip users out there, true or false? Thanks - - -

It comes preinstalled on newer phones with basic version. With which for example you cannot edit documents, but you can view for example a microsoft spreadsheet. Its your choice to uninstall, or upgrade to a professional version, or just stick to the basic.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    You can edit, but you are limited in edit options compared to the premium version. You can't create new documents, but there is an easy work around, meaning save a few blank .docs to your memory card and you can "edit" the blank document.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    You can edit, but you are limited in edit options compared to the premium version. You can't create new documents, but there is an easy work around, meaning save a few blank .docs to your memory card and you can "edit" the blank document.
    That's exactly what I did on my HTC - I put two documents, "Document 1" and "2" on the phone, then would edit one of these to create a new document.

Thanks all for the information, everyone! Pinstack, as usual, Rocks!! :d

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post

Thanks