Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

First of all what are the potential of this little monster machine? is that...e-mail, internet, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

iamrex no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f71b3c

Do you use the full potential of Pearl?

Advertisement

First of all what are the potential of this little monster machine? is that...e-mail, internet, mp3, movies? Do we really need a data plan to use the full potential of our PEARL????
    Well as for me, i use mine for checking email, games, checking maps, traffics, movies, mp3.
    Am i missing something, that i dont use the full potential of Pearl.....
    iloveu

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Do you use the full potential of Pearl?

yes you need the data plan for email, web browsing, pin messaging, and messenger services.
    without the data plan you just have a basic phone and text capability.
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I use mine for email, text, phone, web, maps, Im, mp3, videos, money tracking, games, camera...I think that's it!

Macdarwin no está en línea Stack level 3

Same as everyone above except for Alarm, Sleeps with me, Work with me, go to the movies with me, Cheer me up when my GF Turned me down, too many to list...
    But all in all.......

I love my Mistress pearl

Lovedeep no está en línea Stack level 1

on the topic of data....i was wondering is it possible to upload maps onto the pearl for direction purposes...NOT GPS. i dont have a data plan but was wondering if u could upload like ur local area maps?

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by iamrex
    First of all what are the potential of this little monster machine? is that...e-mail, internet, mp3, movies? Do we really need a data plan to use the full potential of our PEARL????
    Well as for me, i use mine for checking email, games, checking maps, traffics, movies, mp3.
    Am i missing something, that i dont use the full potential of Pearl.....
    BB Messanger! (you forgot it)

Founder no está en línea Stack level 3

I'm on BES (so, e-mail, calendar, tasks), I use JT (with ICQ, GoogleTalk and Yahoo Talk), Opera Mini, MobiPocket Reader and sometimes BB messenger.
    Now checking Maps and wondering what is MDS Control Center...
    Still not sure I use Pearl to full extent...
    In space no one can hear you scream.

Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock Jelly Bean 4.3)
    Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock KitKat 4.4.2)
    Samsung GT-I9100 Galaxy S II (CM 10.2)

jason8888 no está en línea Stack level 3

Phone
    Texting
    Email
    BB Messenger (as of yesterday!)
    Web
    Schedule
    Tasks
    Address Book
    Memos (endless amounts of important info at my fingertips, plus writing whenever inspiration strikes)
    eBooks (web, www.brokentype.com, MobiPocket, WattPad)
    Mobile info (movies, phone numbers, directions, game reviews etc. Beyond411, InfoSpace)
    Camera (general photos, but also visual notes--for instance, my wife points out something she likes in a store, I take a photo to remember for her birthday)
    Maps (hellz yeah--this has saved me so much time and gas)
    Games (occasionally--I'd rather break out my DS or GBA Micro)
    MP3 (occasionally--I usually use my iPod)
    Video (occasionally--I usually use my iPod)

All this and it fits in my pocket. Welcome to the future. No flying cars, yet, but the Pearl makes me a bit more patient.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

BB Messenger
    Email
    Texting
    Web
    Schedules
    Phone

Sometimes pictures/camera
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

OriginalLucy no está en línea Stack level 3

alas, i have to say no. I am still tied to my ipaq6515 to do most of everything and am trying to wean myself from old habits. The pearl is a pearl to say the least, but, I am finding myself relying more on the PPC for the workhorse. I am only using the phone and mp3 player on a regular basis right now.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I use my Pearl at about half its potential. Here's what I use and don't use.

Apps I use: Google Maps, BlackBerry Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, Google Talk Messenger, E-mail, Web, Phone, Text, Calendar, Google Maps, GMail, Google Search, Google News, Notes, Tasks, Calculator, Address Book, BlueTooth, Opera Mini, PinStack Launcher, Options, Profiles, BrickBreaker, Push Services, BlackBerryGuy, Keypad Lock, CrackBerry.com Launcher, Help, Setup Internet Email, KaGlom, Next Levels 1 & 2, Spider Solitaire, Beyond411, BBLight, BBWeather, BBToday, AskMeNow, Digby, Yahoo Search, Handango InHand, Sudoku. .

Apps I don't use: BlackBerry Maps, AIM, MSN, ICQ, Alarm, Search, Camera, Media storage, MP3 Payer, T-Zones, Password Keeper, OZ IM clients, Voice Activated Features, IM Plus, eFile, Sprint IP Relay (yet LOL), IP Relay.com (yet LOL), Enterprise Activation, DocHawk.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I use my Pearl at about half its potential. Here's what I use and don't use.

Apps I use: Google Maps, BlackBerry Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, Google Talk Messenger, E-mail, Web, Phone, Text, Calendar, GMail, Google Search, Google News, Notes, Tasks, Calculator, Address Book, BlueTooth, Opera Mini, PinStack Launcher, Options, Profiles, BrickBreaker, Push Services, BlackBerryGuy, Keypad Lock, CrackBerry.com Launcher, Help, Setup Internet Email, KaGlom, Next Levels 1 & 2, Spider Solitaire, Beyond411, BBLight, BBWeather, BBToday, AskMeNow, Digby, Yahoo Search, Handango InHand, Sudoku. .

Apps I don't use: BlackBerry Maps, AIM, MSN, ICQ, Alarm, Search, Camera, Media storage, MP3 Payer, T-Zones, Password Keeper, OZ IM clients, Voice Activated Features, IM Plus, eFile, Sprint IP Relay (yet LOL), IP Relay.com (yet LOL), Enterprise Activation, DocHawk.
    Didn't mean to list Google Maps twice LOL

USArmyWife no está en línea Stack level 3

no, but thats cause i havnt figured it all out yet. Once I do im sure I will.
    I'm a Pirate Ninja !

PIN: 24082565

abalicious14 no está en línea Stack level 1

I REALLY NEED TO LEARN HOW TO USE MY PHONE TO iTS FULL POTENTiAL!

exilio no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073

Apps I use: Google Maps, BlackBerry Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, Google Talk Messenger, E-mail, Web, Phone, Text, Calendar, Google Maps, GMail, Google Search, Google News, Notes, Tasks, Calculator, Address Book, BlueTooth, Opera Mini, PinStack Launcher, Options, Profiles, BrickBreaker, Push Services, BlackBerryGuy, Keypad Lock, CrackBerry.com Launcher, Help, Setup Internet Email, KaGlom, Next Levels 1 & 2, Spider Solitaire, Beyond411, BBLight, BBWeather, BBToday, AskMeNow, Digby, Yahoo Search, Handango InHand, Sudoku. .

Heya. That is a great list! I know it's a tall order, but would you mind linking to those apps you listed? It would be helpful for BB n00bs like myself!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast