• Prefer the Curve

168 32.62%
  • Prefer other BB

14 2.72%
  • Changing to Iphone

6 1.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

The main reason I prefer the curve over the pearl is because of stereo bluetooth. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ivwshane no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Do you prefer Pearl to Curve?

Advertisement

The main reason I prefer the curve over the pearl is because of stereo bluetooth. Without that, they both have their pros and cons. Smaller screen, smaller phone vs larger screen larger phone, a close to normal phone keypad and sure type vs full qwerty kb and an unconventional dial pad.

I also prefer the curve because the overall quality seems to be better than the pearl. I see too many pearls come in defective at my work.

r1ch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Just got the pearl yesterday. I also have the 8700g which I love for the size of screen and qwerty keyboard etc. The pearl on the other hand has caught my sweet spot with the addtion of file transfer in jive, and mms seems to work ALL of the time now!! Most of all I was getting fed up of 8700 being on the hip all day falling off at times too!

I'll just swap 'em round on a adhoc basis untill I feel the need to upgrade!!

Mareshalu no está en línea Stack level 2

I own a pearl , a curve 8320, and a 8830 my gf and love the curve the most for wifi now

makija no está en línea Stack level 3

so you guys would say curve over pearl because i am thinking to switch because not that i am bored of it i just think curve is kinda better due to my language ( which is serbian ) and typing on suretype just doesnt work an i cant talk to people because it takes to much time

yensid no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

if you can't use the suretype because of language barriers, then curve is for you. i love suretype, but found myself typing with 2 hands most of the time anyway; old habits are hard to break. not that much bigger than pearl, but suprisingly not that much smaller than 8700/8800, it is thinner, however. just got it into the store, haven't had much time to play with it, but i REALLY want it i was suprised that the camera view is the same size and aspect as the pearl, but side by side, you can see a clear improvement in the curve's resolution. add that to the stereo bluetooth, and if you're with T-Mobile, the wi-fi for data AND voice (hotspot@home), looks like we have a winner. my biggest problem (outside of how to afford one) is tracking down all the cool themes again that you all have provided for us! on the topic of hotspot@home, if you're planning on adding the unlimited add on, better do it soon, because the price is supposed to go up in Oct. act now and save yourself $120 a year!

makija no está en línea Stack level 3

well dont get me wrong i love pearl does everything for me that i need and as for curve it has some extra features full keyboard gps and such which would improve things but ya

another quick question is there lets say languasges to download and to imput into my pearl so lets say my language wouldnt be such pain to type 4 words an not get mad

nightseer00 no está en línea Stack level 1

well i just saw the curve for the first time yesterdat. I was thinking about getting it since i heard so many great things. I only had to hold it for about 5 seconds before i decided to stick with my pearl. My hands are really small and the curve was too wide to be comfortable. My pearl is perfect!

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

Have had the pearl for about 8 months and I'm going to get the 8310. I love the idea of built in GPS and having a bigger screen to watch movies and it also supports SDHC cards which rocks. via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba

I tried the 8320, and the features are great and yea it looks gorgeus. But I would have to say I still love my pearl!! Suretype is great (as long as I'm drunk, and then its just plain evil!!). The size is perfect and it does almost everything the curve does. Wifi is plus of the curve, with spell checker, and stereo Bluetooth!! I will eventually upgrade to a curve, but it would need some updates, and have to be priced better!! Meanwhile iam mcluvin!!!

ben-jam-in no está en línea Stack level 1

I like the pearl mainly because of the size, feels and looks like a regular phone. But I like the curve because xm, a bit beter of a camera and the full size keyboard I came from the 8700 which had the full keyboard and I kinda mis that but then in the other hand I like not having to carry a carrying case on the side of my hip. So I like the size of the pearl but also like the full keyboard. I know I want cake and icing and also want to eat it.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Wow just checked the poll. Looks like a lot of people still prefer their Pearl.

showtime no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

I own the Pearl, and yes I do enjoy it. However, I just converted back to my 8700 to get the full size keyboard. I will get the 8320 at the end on the month. Yeeaaaahhhhh!

Sharky147 no está en línea Stack level 3

Pearl all the way. I have smaller hands and my 8700c ate concrete all the time and looked like a contruction worker owned it. With a Krussel cover, I have a well protected phone that better fits my hands. I also like the color pearl feature.

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e

I had a Curve for about 24 hours. The keyboard totally sucked. Those keys are so tiny, and hard to hit, that no wonder it comes with an onboard spellchecker. The WIFI is a total bust, as I don't have any reception near my home. I had to go park in Starbuck's parking lot to get any connectivity. Not only that, to use it for phone calls costs an extra $10 a month. Now, I don't know about you, but damned if I'm paying for anymore crap. The larger screen wasn't really anything special, as it is the same height as the Pearl, just the width is different. So I noticed no better browsing experience. There are very few apps for it, and none of my games work on it, or some of my other fav apps. I just didn't feel like going thru a learning curve (ha ha) on another BlackBerry. My husband still complains about the time I spend on my Pearl now. Anyhow, to make a long story short, I had the Curve from Tmo for about 24 hours, and took it back and got myself the sexy red Pearl. Now when the Pearl2 comes out, I can use my hubby's upgrade to get it. He rarely does anything on his Nokia except call or text me anyway.
    In all fairness however, I will say this. The Curve has some really great features on it, that will be coming to the Pearl2. I can't wait!!!!!!!

t.brock no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl View Post
    I'm going to say Curve...but that's just me. I had a red Pearl and loved it, but have my Curve and won't go back.

i with you on that...
    Thumbs must hurt....
    Crackberry addict........
    Give the lazy man a hard job to do, and he will find the easy way to do it!!!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast