Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Originally Posted by - tom - I heard 8120 have an excellent sure type Yes ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by - tom - View Post
    I heard 8120 have an excellent sure type
    Yes they do!

I've always been a fan of SureType. What has hardly (if ever) been mentioned is that each time RIM releases a new BB model with SureType, they make improvements to the SureType software as well. Therefore we are on the third generation of SureType. I've had them all and find the latest version to be the first quantum leap in ease of use and additional features. It precisely why I am so very impressed with the newest 81xx series.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Archer, can I join you for that lunch? I also said the Bold was not sexy enough. My 8 gb card is working very well, no worries. Poor 8320, I haven't used it since I got my 8120. I really do type faster and easier on the 8120.

Via (wap.pinstack.com)~

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    I think the the BOLD is very aesthetically pleasing. It definitely looks better in appearance than the iphone does (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Archer, can I join you for that lunch? I also said the Bold was not sexy enough. My 8 gb card is working very well, no worries. Poor 8320, I haven't used it since I got my 8120. I really do type faster and easier on the 8120.

Via (wap.pinstack.com)~
    By all means, do join me. It will be quite fun!

Yes, what can I say, SureType really grew on me, that's for sure. Plus the balance of the phone is such that it's very nice to use it one handed. I'm pretty good at typing with one thumb....

itsadrian no está en línea Stack level 2
    i love my 8120 but the memory issue kill urself!

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    I found that deleting the apps you don't need really helps. Other than that I love mine too. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

i did! and i moved all my stuff to my media card and i got 20 mb file free then it went down by itslef and now its around 12.8

Quote Originally Posted by itsadrian View Post
    i did! and i moved all my stuff to my media card and i got 20 mb file free then it went down by itslef and now its around 12.8
    For clarification. The memory card & the internal memory are confined to different areas. Therefore what is stored on the MicroSD card will not reduce the load on the internal memory which is what the device relies on.

My 8120 is & has been running well, with no memory issues. However I keep the number of extra applications to a minimum. Another example a computer. You can only have as many applications open as your memory will allow. Also as you close running apps not all the memory is returned. However once you do a restart or shut down the the full memory does return. Thus you should be sure to close each app that you are not currently using. Also you should monitor the memory on a regular basis, followed by shutting it down via the power button. Once turned off, pull the battery for 30 seconds, the put it back in & you will have a fresh start. If you do a search of the forum there is more valuable tips available to you.

The only thing better than an 8120, is TWO 8120's. Having a spare never hurts...

via: BB 8120

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    For clarification. The memory card & the internal memory are confined to different areas. Therefore what is stored on the MicroSD card will not reduce the load on the internal memory which is what the device relies on.

My 8120 is & has been running well, with no memory issues. However I keep the number of extra applications to a minimum. Another example a computer. You can only have as many applications open as your memory will allow. Also as you close running apps not all the memory is returned. However once you do a restart or shut down the the full memory does return. Thus you should be sure to close each app that you are not currently using. Also you should monitor the memory on a regular basis, followed by shutting it down via the power button. Once turned off, pull the battery for 30 seconds, the put it back in & you will have a fresh start. If you do a search of the forum there is more valuable tips available to you.

The only thing better than an 8120, is TWO 8120's. Having a spare never hurts...

via: BB 8120

What you say is correct. That is why theoretically if i had pictures stored and or ringtones on the device memory then transfering those to a micro sd card would translate to free'd space on the device. I have only the 5 applications opend that are defaultly opened. I hate to reboot and so you dont have to pull the batter a small application has been designed

http://www.geekandproud.net/blackberry-software/

any ways yea i dont use it out of the ordinary only opening up viigo every 2 hrs or so and light browsing at work so from 20mb to 12 is a problem

although i must say sometimes it will randomly jump back up like a purge

ie, i had content compression enabled, i disabled it and re-enabled it and my free jumped to 14mb

wierd!

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Oh yeah I'm loving it. I was having memory issues until I deleted some apps and I think mainly closing out apps correctly did the trick.

from 20mb to 12 is a problem

although i must say sometimes it will randomly jump back up like a purge

ie, i had content compression enabled, i disabled it and re-enabled it and my free jumped to 14mb

wierd!
    Now that I've heard more about your usage, I believe you are doing all the right things.

Setting aside the BlackBerry for just a moment , I will share some aspects of ram memory behavior that often either go overlooked or in some cases people do not know about.

I would like to use a desktop or laptop computer as an example since they also use ram memory. If one has several apps open, say Firefox, Word, Outlook & Adobe Reader. Now you launch the task manager, click on the performance tab. You will see that even as you sit there doing nothing other that watching the readouts in graph form the CPU line is moving higher and lower as it moves across the field. Then you look at the page file usage (ram) and it too moves. So the point is the amount of ram available is fluid & there must be enough to allow for spikes where it peaks. Since prior to the Bold the newest devices are capable of doing more than prior generations & yet they still only have 64MB, the memory is taxed more than ever. Thus we must be more vigilant to manage it. Also one needs to consider that the so called "memory leak problem" is many times blown up to be bigger than it is, by those people who are negative & quick to blame the device. The same types that are victims & complain about many other things as well.

Those who choose to learn about the device, invest in their own education, are the ones that get maximum enjoyment out of what I find to be a world class product.

BlackBerry by RIM, Simply Brilliant!

Cheers
    via: Red BB 8310

lexo no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up

i got mine totaly free and still have to play with it to really judge it but after a few test runs I c that is even better that the 8100 so i just put it away and save it for a rainy day but for now it's 8100 in my pocket!

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Remember to clear your cache and do alt lglg from the home page to clear your log. Also you can do hold alt and the escape key to see what apps are running and close them.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Now that I've heard more about your usage, I believe you are doing all the right things.

Setting aside the BlackBerry for just a moment , I will share some aspects of ram memory behavior that often either go overlooked or in some cases people do not know about.

I would like to use a desktop or laptop computer as an example since they also use ram memory. If one has several apps open, say Firefox, Word, Outlook & Adobe Reader. Now you launch the task manager, click on the performance tab. You will see that even as you sit there doing nothing other that watching the readouts in graph form the CPU line is moving higher and lower as it moves across the field. Then you look at the page file usage (ram) and it too moves. So the point is the amount of ram available is fluid & there must be enough to allow for spikes where it peaks. Since prior to the Bold the newest devices are capable of doing more than prior generations & yet they still only have 64MB, the memory is taxed more than ever. Thus we must be more vigilant to manage it. Also one needs to consider that the so called "memory leak problem" is many times blown up to be bigger than it is, by those people who are negative & quick to blame the device. The same types that are victims & complain about many other things as well.

Those who choose to learn about the device, invest in their own education, are the ones that get maximum enjoyment out of what I find to be a world class product.

BlackBerry by RIM, Simply Brilliant!

Cheers
    via: Red BB 8310

i understand what RAM is and all that. My only concern is rebooting, you dont reboot a computer every 2 seconds, and i would hate to have to reboot my pearl every 2 seconds

i understand what RAM is and all that. My only concern is rebooting, you dont reboot a computer every 2 seconds, and i would hate to have to reboot my pearl every 2 seconds
    So, how can I help you?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast