Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Originally Posted by pdxmatts My whole purpose was to choose between the 8320 and the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    My whole purpose was to choose between the 8320 and the 8120, but I just can't! What is wrong with me. I think of a million reasons to justify having them both, even though I feel a bit selfish, I have the same thoughts as you Archer... What if??
    I feel so much better after reading your posts, I guess I'm not alone after all....

Oh, and by the way...Welcome To BlackBerryLand!

It's where we believe there is no such thing as too many BlackBerrys...heh!

via: Red BB 8310
    (If only I could learn to use two at once)

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Lol, I've actually have done that. Berryland it is!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I am so impressed with your self control. I haven't put mine down at all. To avoid dropping it I simply use heavy duct tape to fasten it to my hand...

Kidding aside, I'm happy to hear that you got yours!

Cheers.
    via: Red BB 8120
    LMAO I have been known to fall asleep with my Pearl in my hand though.

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    My whole purpose was to choose between the 8320 and the 8120, but I just can't! What is wrong with me. I think of a million reasons to justify having them both, even though I feel a bit selfish, I have the same thoughts as you Archer... What if??
    I am beginning to understand where your coming form here. It's a hard choice to make.
    I might just end up owning both phones myself If I can work it right.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    You are correct, nothing out (keyword) Yet...however it's my undersatnding 4.5 is being skipped. The next ver to be labeled 4.6 or 4.7

via: Red BB 8310
    Just one of many.
    So do you think that 4.6+ will be released for the curve/pearl?

I would be unhappy if they do not release an OS update at all. If this was the case, I would return the curve for the pearl's newer OS and 8gb micro sdhc card capacity.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by icaro2000 View Post
    So do you think that 4.6+ will be released for the curve/pearl?.
    Here is what I'm _guessing_based on observation of trend patterns at RIM, personal research, & the buzz on Wall Street (which has a lot of credibility).

1) If you want the most current OS at this present moment buying the 8120 from AT&T will get you that OS. That's based on Fact, as I have the 8120 & 8110 both from AT&T.

2) I believe that although RIM is indeed working on the next 4.x publicly distributed upgrade, that it's being downgraded on their priority list temporarily so as to redirect as many of their resources as possible to finish the soon to be released 9xxx handset. Their is an unspoken and _very serious_ RACE to compete with Apple. Not only with handsets, but of equal importance, for _public_perception_ in the market place.

For more on this (as I'm on my BB now keeping it short) watch my Blog on PinStack later today).

Cheers

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Great response. You opinion is very much valued. Thanks!

logicbomb.de no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Here is what I'm _guessing_based on observation of trend patterns at RIM, personal research, & the buzz on Wall Street (which has a lot of credibility).

1) If you want the most current OS at this present moment buying the 8120 from AT&T will get you that OS. That's based on Fact, as I have the 8120 & 8110 both from AT&T.

2) I believe that although RIM is indeed working on the next 4.x publicly distributed upgrade, that it's being downgraded on their priority list temporarily so as to redirect as many of their resources as possible to finish the soon to be released 9xxx handset. Their is an unspoken and _very serious_ RACE to compete with Apple. Not only with handsets, but of equal importance, for _public_perception_ in the market place.

For more on this (as I'm on my BB now keeping it short) watch my Blog on PinStack later today).

Cheers

Great insight!

I have the AT&T 8110 and I'm really happy with it so far.

I went the 8110 route as the GPS is more usefull to me than wifi.

Are there any other major differences between the 8110 and 8120 beside GPS vs. Wifi?

From what I gather from your post, the 8120 seems to have an incrementally more recent OS than the 8110, but all other aspects seem the same (3.5 headset jack, A2DP Bluetooth, 2 MP camera, SDHC support).

Any other significant differences beside the price? (8110 seems to be $50 cheaper thru AT&T).

TIA!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I am so impressed with your self control. I haven't put mine down at all. To avoid dropping it I simply use heavy duct tape to fasten it to my hand...

Kidding aside, I'm happy to hear that you got yours!

Cheers.
    via: Red BB 8120
    Need to make a correction. I got it Tuesday and have been comparing it to my 8100 and it blows that Pearl out the water. There are a few features I don't particularly care for but I'll live LOL

DrSuha no está en línea Stack level 3
    I love my 8120 as well. I've only had it for almost a week now but it's so much better than my old beloved 8100. The only thing that is annoying the crap out of me is the fact that Yahoo To Go will not freaking install. Well it says it's installed and it's under my application info list but I do not see an icon shortcut even when I show all icons. I've reinstalled it 3 times! And did numerous battery pullouts! I mainly used it for the ebay feature that is invaluable to someone with a work schedule like mine. Can anyone help me out????

I had to turn off wifi and use Edge to activate my Yahoo Go and my Yahoo one search. But UGad the Icons on my home page

I had to turn off wifi and use Edge to activate my Yahoo Go and my Yahoo one search. But UGad the Icons on my home page

Thank you! I'm going to try this right now and I'll let you now how it goes.

Ughh nope I'm still having the exact same problem.

Try this new updated version and then when finished downloading then do a battery pull, then when the icon shows up on your homepage, before wifi turns on, go into it and activate it. That is how I had to do it. Hope it works this time. Here it is:

Hi,
    Last week we launched an updated version of the Y! oneSearch voice client. It contains some minor tweaks and improvements around permissions during the install flow. It is currently available for the BB 81xx, 83xx and 88xx series phones in the US.

You can download the client by pointing your mobile browser to http://m.yahoo.com/voice or going to http://mobile.yahoo.com/voice on your PC browser.

Oops, that is the One Search program OTA.. Here is the Yahoo Go program for OTA, I did it from my phone not through the DM.

http://go.yahoo.com/