Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RogerG

Hi all, hope you can help. I have deleted a text that i need to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

blazerfrazer no está en línea Stack level 1

Question do you know where 8100 stores it text messages?

Advertisement

Hi all, hope you can help. I have deleted a text that i need to get back. I have seen some software that might be able to undelete texts from the sim card but before i pay my $85usd does any one know if my phone actually stores texts on the sim?
    I have the old trusty pearl and a sim card in it that's about 10 years old. Please help and thanks in advance.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Do you do backups?

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Do you do backups?
    Hi, thanks for your reply, no sadly. Its just a random phone and sim card i use just for ebay. It has no value as a phone and up till now and had no data on it of any value. it purly got used to handle text messages next to my pc and never took it with me.
    I would gladly pay if i thought i could get the last message i deleted back, i have turned the phone off as soon as i realised.

Found this:

1. Go to the Search function (Menu > Magnifying-glass icon), select 'Messages' and/or 'Encrypted Messages' (highlight the item and then click it, or press Space or Enter), then enter the search terms per the associated text and/or sender name related to your deleted SMS messages, and then run the search (Menu > Search).

2. Your deleted messages should be included in list of the Search Results window, if your current memory is still intact and has not since been cleared of its cache (e.g. by battery removal), overwritten, nor reformatted (this may also relate to the Purged SMS folder). You may expand a compressed list item ('+'-sign adjacent) by selecting it as above.

3. You then may either save the selected message intact from the displayed list (Note: linked messages must be saved separately and individually) to a memory/folder location of your choice, or open and browse the listed message(s), and then copy-and-paste the relevant text to your desired medium, and/or save the intact message as above.
    Delfim likes this.

If you've cleared cache by way of a battery pull or something else, probably won't find it, but hopefully this helps.

Hi Roger, thanks for that. I gave it a try and it came up with 4 messages, sadly not the one i wanted but i did all of this with the sim removed, sim was already out as i didnt want to receive any further texts that might overwrite the deleted one. It there a way i can stop the phone from connecting to the network when switched on so that i can try this again with the sim inserted or do we know that the messages are not on the sim anyway with this device? Frazer

Should be an option in settings to turn off the network.

Hi Roger, ive drawn a blank now and im going to put it down to experience. I would like to thank you for all your help, Frazer

Sorry we couldn't get it recovered for you. I'd highly recommend doing backups from here on out.