My trackball is getting really dirty.. and I know they dont really clean up to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Scruffylookin13 no está en línea Stack level 2

Do they sell trackballs?

Advertisement

My trackball is getting really dirty.. and I know they dont really clean up to nice.. I was wondering if anyone sells different colored track balls or anything.. I have a titanium pearl and I would like to have a gray trackball or something that shows the dirt a little less

djtrace no está en línea Stack level 1
    Im not sure that they sell color ones...even though that would be pretty cool. You can find replacements here...

hxxp://cnn.cn

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Unfortunately you cannot buy different color trackballs sorry to break the horrible news on you. However, you can do something as elaborate as to placing a colored piece of tape under the trackball itself though it's kind of a pain in the A**. It's easy to remove the trackball yes but the tape coloring well, that's all up to you. Follow instructions here ------>http://www.instructables.com/id/Blac...ALLSTEPS#step0

And if that doesn't work. Then go here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/f8/color_trackball_on_curve-91243/

Enjoy your turkey left overs

Oh wait...what model pearl are you using? if it's an 8100 you can just download a program that can use the color led under your trackball called Xcolorevent I think GO HERE: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/f10/xcolorevent_for_8100_trackball-51064/

ONE MORE THING: DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!! THIS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY.(NOT THE COLOREVENT PROGRAM BUT THE INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE THAT INVOLVES DISSASSEMBLING YOUR TRACKBALL/PAINTING YOUR LED)
    Last edited by raton; 11-28-2008 at 03:42 AM.

Scruffylookin13 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I don't see why it would be that hard to make a gray track ball (for purchase) I don't wanna color the ball myself and get the thing gunky and stuff...

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    www.bbtrackball.com

a4 moda no está en línea Stack level 2
    When I destroyed m trackball, I went on eBay to buy an oem case replacemen.

In the case replacement It came with a trackball. Not bad. 10 dollars for an oem case and I got a trackball out of the deal.

Good luck ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    The trackball on my 8110 is a little loose and grainy. I really like the tight and smooth trackball on the Bold. Are the replacement trackballs, either OEM or others smooth and tight?

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Yes, they are, Walds...
    www.bbtrackball.com

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Cool, I may have to give it a shot. My trackball functions properly, but it is a little loose and grainy. Are these any different than OEM trackballs? There are a lot of different sources for trackballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Berryadict View Post
    Yes, they are, Walds...
    www.bbtrackball.com

Rizzleman716 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C680E5
    Yeah you can buy trackballs and I think they can sometimes replace them if its a problem @ your local wireless provider
    T-Mobile Pearl 8100>T-Mobile Curve 8320>T-Mobile Curve 8900>T-Mobile Bold 8900