just throught i would give my feedback on how i tried to clean my pearl. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

littlemojo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2509fd64

Do NOT try this

Advertisement

just throught i would give my feedback on how i tried to clean my pearl.
    my pearl was getting stuck (lots of bb users have had this) it wouldnt go up i tried all the tricks to clean it, using the paper around the edges blowing air using wipes and all, but nothing worked for me, untill i saw a website besides pinstacks showing how to clean the pearl and bring it like new again.
    what i did was i used a knife or somthing like that and lifted out the silver ring around the pearl (yes it comes out and clicks back in) after that there is another metal ring and that pops out and then the pearl comes out in a square holding block, this is where i went wrong the block can be opened but very carefully just need to unclip the 4 sides and the pearl ball comes out and so do 4 little rollers like the ones in a mouse.
    and i could see there was a lot of dirt under the rollers so i cleaned them and start to put it together again, but the rollers need to go in a special way as i found out as when i had it all done when i scrolled up it went left and when i scrolled right it went up (but worked like new), so i opened to whole thing again and from trial and error got it scrolling the right way but in my rush putting it back together again i bent 2 of the side clips and the block then wouldnt set in place so i pushed it in (bending the other 2 clips on the block) and when it looked right i went to put in the silver ring clipped one side and went to push the other side, and it went crack splitting the ring in 2, so i had to send the bb off and get a new one.
    so if you pearl is getting stuck just try a bit of air or a bit of paper as i learned the hard way.

so anyone who had me in there bb messanger needs to update.
    new PIN is 2509FD64

hope this save a few people who are thinking of doing this the time and effort of what can go wrong.
    Death is only the beginning

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Do NOT try this

thanks mojo! sorry about your pearl

rlem00 no está en línea Stack level 2

that's why i get the service plan. I brake, they fix i'm happy, it's a great relationship but seriously sorry about your luck.

PIN/ID
    2509fd64

thnx for the feed back i have the service plan as well i brake they fix. which wasnt too bad it only took them 6 days to get me a new one.

MrGolf no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by rlem00
    that's why i get the service plan. I brake, they fix i'm happy, it's a great relationship but seriously sorry about your luck.
    Cingy doesn't offer the service plan on smartphones.

dopeyloc718 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E26A21

wow im thinking of trying that only im gonna be more carefull wish me luck

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Dopeyloc I don't know if you ever opened a cell phone?
    If not I wouldn't even think about doing it

PIN/ID
    2509fd64

Quote Originally Posted by sn1p3r
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Dopeyloc I don't know if you ever opened a cell phone?
    If not I wouldn't even think about doing it
    its not as if you have to open the whole mobile its just the silver ring and the square block.
    but i will say this the dirth that came out was like the dirt you get in a mouse (pc mouse ) and it worked great after but its not worth the problems if something goes wrong.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

Sorry to hear that. I try the alcohol and q-tip, and thats all I will use, or try!!!!!!!!!

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

Sorry to hear that..

PIN/ID
    2509fd64

Quote Originally Posted by moses2628
    Sorry to hear that. I try the alcohol and q-tip, and thats all I will use, or try!!!!!!!!!
    q-tip? whats that as it may be called something else over in the uk.
    ive tried alcohol before but even that stops working after a while. as that only cleans the ball but not the tiny roller that the ball moves when you scroll the pearl. and thats where i saw the problem was as the rollers stop rolling and jams everything else up as well. i suppose the best thing would be to get a holster/case for the pearl as that should stop some of the dust/dirt getting in.