1) Is email mandatory for transfering memopads from BB to laptop? All I want to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

red_bird no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24120ec4

Do I need email to synch?

Advertisement

1) Is email mandatory for transfering memopads from BB to laptop? All I want to do is connect my Pearl to my laptop, and send some memopads from Pearl to laptop. I do not want to go through email to do this.
    Is email mandatory for such a transfer? Available apps are:

ASCII Importer/Exporter; Lotus Notes; Lotus Organizer; Microsoft Outlook; Novell GroupWise 6; and Yahoo.

BobL no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Do I need email to synch?

No, you can use the desktop manager to sync contacts, tasks, memos, etc. to the BB.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Do I need email to synch?

Quote Originally Posted by red_bird View Post
    1) Is email mandatory for transfering memopads from BB to laptop? All I want to do is connect my Pearl to my laptop, and send some memopads from Pearl to laptop. I do not want to go through email to do this.
    Is email mandatory for such a transfer? Available apps are:

ASCII Importer/Exporter; Lotus Notes; Lotus Organizer; Microsoft Outlook; Novell GroupWise 6; and Yahoo.
    I sync with outlook. It is not just an email app and you do not need to set up email to use it. Hope it helps.

red_bird no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24120ec4
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge View Post
    I sync with outlook. It is not just an email app and you do not need to set up email to use it. Hope it helps.
    It's been quite a while now, Eddie. I had asked if email was mandatory for transferring memopads from BB Pearl 8100 to my laptop. Above you replied that I could use Outlook, which I have. If you're still around, could you tell me how to do this?
    Please keep in mind that I'm both blonde, and Southern.