I have wanted a small, media friendly phone for a long time that doesn't have ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

geminijono no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Do I NEED a data plan for a Pearl 8130?

Advertisement

I have wanted a small, media friendly phone for a long time that doesn't have Verizon's UI all over it, or the BT crippled. I saw the Pearl the other day when I went in to get my upgrade, and I feel in love with it. I don't need all the email functionality that Blackberries are famous for, but I would just like to use it to text. Is it possible to get one and not have to pay an extra $30 a month for a data plan I probably wouldn't use?

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: Do I NEED a data plan for a Pearl 8130?

Yes, but why would you want a Blackberry without data? The data plan is not just for email.. it's used for certain applications, blackberry messenger, mms, etc... There's SO much that these phones are capable of and without the data plan, you'd never even know.
    /~*brooke

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Actually, I am pretty sure that Verizon reps will not sell the BB's without a BB plan. I've talked to several stores and they all said the same thing.

Also, the Pearl still has the BT limitations. You can view what BT profiles are available here: http://support.vzw.com/pdf/BT_Chart_PDAs.pdf
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

tafaghodi no está en línea Stack level 3

I believe you need a data plan when you buy the phone in the store but you can remove it as soon as you go home. If you order the phone online you can get it without the data plan. This is a great phone to use for your purpose. I too hate the verizon UI

Madame.Nitrous no está en línea Stack level 1
    A BB without Data or Voice plan [which is used for texting] is just a fancy paper weight. Why bother spending the money on the phone if your just going to BOTCH it.

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3
    The BB really comes 'alive' once a data plan is added. Without one, it won't seem a whole lot different than any other phone.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    We need to get a petition going to get Verizon on the right track w/BB users...they keep messing w/their profit margin-makers, they might not be around for too much longer. Just venting...sorry.

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    yea you can NOT have a bb with verizon without a data plan

brandon_hair no está en línea Stack level 2
    Once you've tried it WITH the data plan, you'll wonder how you got by without it.

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    well considering verizon charges 1.99/mb for plans that are not unlimited. thats highway robbery