Hey guys, Every now and then I keep getting this error message when I use ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bustinstugot no está en línea Stack level 2

Question DNS Error Please HELP!!!!!

Advertisement

Hey guys,

Every now and then I keep getting this error message when I use my opera mini Beta 4 and my bb weather. The application starts working and saying connecting in opera mini and then I get an error message saying failed to connect to the internet. 100 java.io.IOException:Bad DNS Address.
    Same goes for my black berry weather. I have tmobile and .107 OS. I also have my tcp done correctly at wap.voicestream.com. My regular blackberry browser is working and also my email is working. What could be the problem?

Re: DNS Error Please HELP!!!!!

Not one person knows anything about this ?

bpursley no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yep happens to me too. Just try again and it works
    Last edited by bpursley; 09-10-2007 at 05:12 PM.

But why does it happen? After a few hours my finally goes back to working normally but is there anyway I can fix it?

bpursley no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm not sure why it happens, but for me it seems to happen after some period of extended inactivity. And it works again immediately if I just try it again.

Incidentally when I first got my BB, apps like bbweather and opera did not work at all (got the Bad DNS error always) for about 3-4 weeks. After several calls to my carrier, Cincinnati Bell Wireless, and several postings on pinstack it magically just started working one day. They would never admit it, but Cincinnati Bell obviously fixed whatever problem they had that was causing the error.

Anyways, I guess what I'm saying is it might be worth a call to T-Mobile if it bothers you enough. For me it only happens occasionally, maybe once or twice a week, so I just hit refresh and go on. Might want to check that your APN is set correctly, thats the only thing I can think of.

sjmge3 no está en línea Stack level 1

Try clearing your "cookies" in Opera Mini...

From the main screen, hit the "berry" button, go to "settings", scroll down to "Clear Cookies" and select it, it asks if "You are about to connect and clear your cookies. Do you wish to continue?" hit the "berry" button and select "yes". Then try to connect to the page of your choice again. It seemed to work for me without having to restart my phone.

Hope this helps,
    SJM
    Pearl 8100

mjohansing no está en línea Stack level 2

The best way i have found to "fix" this error is to turn your wireless off, wait a second or two and turn it back on.

Mishell no está en línea Stack level 1
    yo tengo ese problema cuando quiero entrar a Jmirc ya tengo mucho tiempo y no puedo entrar quien me puede ayudar