alright so my wife dropped her Prescious and it broke...like shattered like an old-school nokia ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

DM didn't restore Address Book :(

Advertisement

alright so my wife dropped her Prescious and it broke...like shattered like an old-school nokia except last time i checked you can't just put everything back together on a BB...so long story short we get a new phone sent from T-Mobile through phone warranty.

I was able to get the phone up and running properly for about an hour then weird things started happening...calls would take forever to appear and by the time they did you already had a notification that you have a new voicemail waiting...almost every action caused the hourglass of death to rotate for minutes before performing any functions...again to shorten the story she went to T-Mobile (actual store) and they for some reason gave her a new sim card

so now she's lost all her phone numbers on the old sim card but luckily i had backed up her phone before she started having all the problems on the new phone they sent us...then last night after i got home from work i updated her OS again to a clean install then tried to do a restore right after that...but to no avail...i did a soft reset and a batt pull (over 1 minute) and still no dice...any suggestions?

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Re: DM didn't restore Address Book :(

Is the phone new or refurb? Many times carriers use refurbs, even for insurance(am assuming that's what you did) and yes occasionally they sent out bad ones just like they do in the case of a warranty claim. If it's new, the store should have a DOA policy and get it changed for you; if not, call wherever you got it from and have them replace it under faulty equip!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

Re: DM didn't restore Address Book :(

ya...we're doing that...they're sending out a new one...however i still wasn't able to uplaod her address book from her backup