I am trying to install my new 8110 on my desktop but wasn't passed any ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

frazer_clark no está en línea Stack level 1

Dm 4.5

Advertisement

I am trying to install my new 8110 on my desktop but wasn't passed any software with it.

When I plug my device in windows doesn't recognise it and prompts me to specify a location for the windows driver and as I don't have the correct software it doesn't install.

From the BB site I have downloaded a variety of versions of 4.5 desktop manager but when they unzip and start to install it appears that it is installing 4.2.2? That was my previous version I had on my desktop but I uninstalled it prior to installing the newer version.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hey Frazer! Welcome to PinStack!

Are you running Vista, by chance?

Disconnect the BB from the PC and then you should delete any installed DM apps from your PC and start from scratch by downloading and installing the latest 4.5 release from the BB site.

Once that's been downloaded successfully, reconnect the BB and launch DM.

Post back with any more questions.

Nope, XP SP2, I did read some posts about Vista and OLK2007 but we are old hat running XP and OLK2003.

Odd that a 4.5 install pack runs as 4.2.2 though, I have double checked and there is nothing installed now on my desktop - I have downloaded 3 diffrent 450 versions from the (slow) Blackberry site and all appear to install as 4.2.2

450_b016_multilanguage_nomediamanager.exe
    450_b016_english_nomediamanager.exe
    450_b016_english.exe

Are there any reg keys or files I need to clean up?
    Last edited by frazer_clark; 07-17-2008 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Error

Yeah, that doesn't seem right. If you look at the link on the BB site, it says 4.5 B16. Been a couple of weeks since I downloaded it, but I definitely have 4.5. Used it for a couple of OS upgrades and it FLIES compared to older versions.

You must have been replying while I was modifying my post. Are there any files or reg keys I may need to remove?

So after you installed, did you check the version of DM?

Open DM, click on Help on the lefthand side, then About BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

If you're comfortable drilling down and deleting reg keys, then by all means do so to make sure you've cleaned it up thoroughly. A reboot of the desktop may be in order as well.

A clean install will give you the proper drivers for your USB ports, too.

OK another uninstall, delete all reg keys, install (and screen shot every step) Same problem. Help about version 4.2.2.14 and now when I plug my BB in it stays disconnected and windows doesn't see the device......... (one step backwards!)