Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Originally Posted by da0ne83 come on lets be real they can make an 80gb ipod ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Youngblood no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Ditching pearl for iphone

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by da0ne83
    come on lets be real they can make an 80gb ipod video and all the can offer for this iphone is 8gb please battery life on ipod suck so i can image this is gonna be a problem

thats why if i want to watch movies i use my psp it has a 4gb card already and by the time the iphone comes out the 8 gb card would be cheaper by then

music i can hear from my pearl which i listen from my car anyway with a 2gb card for now until the 4gb gets supported and cheaper

i dont think iphone would be a big hit it just gonna be a big theft device well expecially here in nyc
    daOne83,

Watching movies on the PSP is the way to go. Why have a Video IPOD??

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood
    daOne83,

Watching movies on the PSP is the way to go. Why have a Video IPOD??
    watching movies on the bb is another way to go. will be better when full screen option gets updated.

why does apple feel the need to put a 'i' in front of everything?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

actually the "i" is a genius marketing campaign...who ever is their marketing department is making a hella lot of cash.

basically a brand name, like oakleys, nike, adidas, coach, channel they're all money makers.

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

anyone hear the new leaked info about this? no MMS support, no IM support, no GPS, no exchange support, and only yahoo push email. sounds like a winner.

http://www.macrumors.com/2007/06/08/...ning-workbook/

ram100987 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DEA9F9

The uphone has a lot of cool inovative features that haven't been seen in a phone but for a phone of its stature and price tag, its missing a lot of key features that make it almost useless~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Quote Originally Posted by glehman85
    watching movies on the bb is another way to go. will be better when full screen option gets updated. why does apple feel the need to put a 'i' in front of everything?
    After watching converted video on a PSP it's pretty painful to watch a dvd on my Pearl. Oh, don't even get me started on UMD movies on the PSP; crystal clear, plasma quality, full-feature length sweetness. Did I mention you don't have to convert anything? Not bad for $15-20 for your favorite movies you'd watch anytime, anywhere.

In fact, I'm reaching into my bag right now and pulling out my psp and Chronicles of Riddick and plopping it on its speaker stand on my desk. Ooh baby! I'm even salivating at the thought! And when I'm done with that, I'll put on some of my favorite tunes for the whole office to hear!

drmoze no está en línea Stack level 2

Hmm... If the iPhone sounds as bad as iPods do, then I'll stick with my Pearl thankyouverymuch.

does anyone know if you'll HAVE to use itunes with the iphone? that's probably one of the worst music transfer programs ever created.

Daiikun no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242A31A6

Working at Starbucks and using a touch screen for all the menu functions is annoying and it gets dirty fast...like real fast...

Now let's think about a touch screen on a phone...great idea, but think about how many times you'll have to wipe the fingerpritnts off.

I already have the 80gb iPod and, while I am a technogeek, I am refusing to get an iPhone and not just because of the price but because I don't need another iPod. It doesn't make sense to me especially when the highest amount of space on the most expensive one is $600.00.

I'm not bashing Apple as a whole, just this device. Frankly, I have nothing against them. They make pretty good products and if you're specializing in one field or another (radio programming, graphic creation, etc.) then a Mac is the way to go.

Frankly, you can go for the iPhone, but keep your bb handy...just in case the screen breaks, scratches, blurs due to fingerprints, etc.

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

All of the people who buy the iPhone will be mad when they drop it once and the screen breaks and Cingular won't replace it for them because they don't offer insurance on higher end phones(of course and they do on all the crappy ones). I also think the typing on the screen would be very hard for people with larger fingers and just using the phone in general would be hard. I am not a fan of the genius bar either for Apple becuase it is just annoying because they always over charge you no matter what you are paying for in some way and it just gets annoying when you break stuff like I do and there isn't any type of plan that covers accidentals and applecare does nothing really that helps. i bought a macbook thinking oh it will be great and durable and i won't have anything to worry about......I was wrong, very wrong! First time i brought it to the store it wouldn't turn on so they found some damage that looked like I dropped it (which I DIDN'T) and made me pay for that and then they found a little piece of something that was bent and all together to fix that it was 700$). Then the keyboard got screwed up which was another 200$. I just decided to go away from Apple and have moved onto HP which is so much better and I have the accidental plan that BestBuy offers which is made for people like me who drop things A LOT. Now I would never get the iPhone with my previous experiences with Apple and their terrible serivce and quality of their products and the iPhone is WAY to expensive in my opinion. I am sure I will be the only one reading this but thats ok.

Mobiman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2071348F

First customers in line for the iPhone. What people do for gadgets...lol
    http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/video/non...?autoplay=true

the iphone now is coming with a glass screen rather than a plastic one. sounds like it could be prone to breaking.....

bellalisa99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

count me as one who will stick with my pearl for now. newer is not necessarily better.

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1

For the price I hope this phone comes with two seperate cloths:
    1. For constantly cleaning of the finger prints or mess from having to use the screen to do EVERYTHING.
    2. For whiping away the tears of everyone who drops the phone once or burns out the battery and can't replace it but has to buy a brand new phone. (gotta love that no insurance for high priced phones insurance policy.)

Honestly I think this thread is way off.
    The pearl and iphone are worlds apart. Apples to oranges if you will. And this goes for any BB product.

Be smart, keep your BB's and watch the Iphone novelty wear off just like the Razr did.

shadow63 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242949a0

Heck i would just love to be sitting out in the parking lot watching the people on the day the iphone is going to be released . It is sure to be an interesting and amusing day. If AT&T does as reported to close the stores at 4:30pm and wait for the FeEx shipment and then open back up at 6pm for the sell of the iphone. Nope not going to the iPhone. It just cannot match the Blackberry.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast