Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Am I the only one that thinks it's weird that it'll be running OS X ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

aikenben no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DEAC76

Re: Ditching pearl for iphone

Advertisement

Am I the only one that thinks it's weird that it'll be running OS X when Leopard is just around the corner?

And also, I have to second the touchscreen view... after being an Axim user for a couple years, I realized how annoying having a touchscreen got. Sure, you get used to it, but using it to type is just plain aggravating...

iamrex no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f71b3c

Somebody will give you an I-phone??? Yeah right!!! I do have friend who works from them and actually he is one of the MANAGER here in Atlanta Ga. "Lenox mall" and he aint getting one for free!!!!

skypearl no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by aggiephoenix
    okay guyz I guess I'm gonna have to do this ... but ya .. I have a friend who works for apple sending me a iphone for free ... so there goes the pearl !! ... lol you'll have been tons of fun and as for my BB buddies .. U guys r the best !!
    Well, it's just a matter of personal preference. But I do hope that you do not ditch a more superior phone just because you are getting a "free" one (if it is really free)...
    skypearl
    BlackBerry Pearl 8100
    SMART Communications BIS - Philippines
    "Black is Berry GOOD!"

da0ne83 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246a1628

come on lets be real they can make an 80gb ipod video and all the can offer for this iphone is 8gb please battery life on ipod suck so i can image this is gonna be a problem

thats why if i want to watch movies i use my psp it has a 4gb card already and by the time the iphone comes out the 8 gb card would be cheaper by then

music i can hear from my pearl which i listen from my car anyway with a 2gb card for now until the 4gb gets supported and cheaper

i dont think iphone would be a big hit it just gonna be a big theft device well expecially here in nyc

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by aggiephoenix
    okay guyz I guess I'm gonna have to do this ... but ya .. I have a friend who works for apple sending me a iphone for free ... so there goes the pearl !! ... lol you'll have been tons of fun and as for my BB buddies .. U guys r the best !!
    iPhone = individuallistically Proprietary Has Owners Never Enjoying!!!

Oh yeah, no 3rd party apps.......good luck with that squidward!!!

mgarciap no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by tmiguel10
    Thats hard to believe considering apple kept the phone secret even
    from their own employees, so unless you are friends w/ Steve Jobs,
    Its hard to believe you.

Plus, now that Apple is being sued over the iPhone name, they
    may be forced to change the name.
    FYI: Apple resolved the iPhone pattent name with Cisco (previous owner of the iPhone name).

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Ok, first off, send me your old pearl, I'd love to give it to some family to get them hooked on BB too!

As far as the iPhone goes, getting it for free?, gratz. However, I think that the price is way too high and that some people will pay just because of the name, while most will just say no thanks. Apple is using the name they have made with iPod to be able to try to push into another market. The problem is, as always it will be the early adopters that get thrashed. Anyone smart enough to wait for a price drop on a iPhone v2, will be very smart indeed.

The touch screen. PPC phone round 2? The touch screen on a phone device has been pretty well proved to be almost impractical. Perhaps Apple knows something that no one else does?

The mass-market public that Apple is shooting for are overly critical when it comes to modern electronics and they have one huge battle ahead of them if they want to make any dent in this market, and they might not make it at all if they have even small problems.

Personally, I think they just saw other companies adding mp3 capability and figured they would have a sure shot at something similar. Apple has been getting VERY cocky as of late, something that could spell trouble in the not so near future.

The touch screen. PPC phone round 2? The touch screen on a phone device has been pretty well proved to be almost impractical. Perhaps Apple knows something that no one else does?

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

the iphone is going to be a massive hit and people aren't going to hesitate to pay the $600 they want for it. i still think it's going to have a ton of problems and overall be a useless doorstop, but people will buy them. a friend of mine works at a cingular store and some guy went in yesterday and tried to bribe him to keep two on the side for him when they come in lol

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

lol..what ever happenned to the guy who started this thread? did he get the i-phone?

tai
    tai no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304E2757

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Viva la BlackBerry!

SenorJefe no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FF9581

Four months later and no iPhone. Must've had to pay for it.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

I dunno where this guy is, maybe he did get it and all is well. Maybe playing with it as we speak?

Last Activity: 03-19-2007 02:01 AM about 3 months ago. I doubt he got one since Apple didn't want anyone to get one before the release.

jessjessbobess no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kortanis
    I agree...touch screen on a phone seems crazy, it would constantly be getting bumped and do things its not supposed to do. And does a touch screen last forever or do they start to get desensitized and stop working? But one thing I do know (in regards to the "does apple know something no one else does" comment) is that my macbook can tell when i'm pressing the mousepad thing with two fingers and scrolling or pressing it with one to click...so maybe they will surprise us with some special technology that makes it practical! Guess we have to wait. and. see.......!

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

can i just have your old bb as a backup to mine, PLEASE?

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Quote Originally Posted by synik103
    can i just have your old bb as a backup to mine, PLEASE?
    No way, I called dibs earlier in the thread, lol

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast