Oh thats nice....... lololoololol
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

kpishdadi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Ditching pearl for iphone

Quote Originally Posted by rkkeller
    People also should check into the iphone more as after all the oooh and ahhhh it looks so nice, its lacks in a few important areas:

It cant even open MS Office documents !!! This is supposed to replace the BB ??? I dont know a single business or even casual business user than can do without this.

No removable storage cards. Also a business killer as I know many that store things on a card then just swap the card out or give the card to another to use.
    It runs osx, not a 'small' version, but real OSX, so it goes to say that any osx app or widget can be installed on it, or at least have a version for it. i'm sure it will beable to open ms office documents.

People with dotmac don't really need to "swap" storage cards because everything is stored online and can be accessed anywhere from your virtual storage drive.

as far as the keyboard issue goes. IF i get an iphone (im a mac user) i'm not planning on getting it until they get all the bugs worked out of the first version.

SaddleSC no está en línea Stack level 2

Thought I would give my 2 cents. I have a Blackberry Pearl and absolutely love it. I am also what some my consider to be an iPod fanboy. I use an Intel iMac and love it. I purchase every single new ipod the day that it is released. I plan on buying AppleTV, etc. BUT, am I gonna be the first in line to buy the new iPhone when it comes out? NO WAY.

Why?
    1. I agree with the previous posts re: EDGE network speeds for web pages that are not specially optimized for mobile phones. When I am on the go, I just want information as quickly as possible. I don't need all the fancy formatting and banner ads that accompany the full site. Winner: BB

2. Battery life is everything for not just a mobile professional, but anyone who is constantly on the move. I get four days of standby out of my Pearl with moderate use. The touchscreen on the iPhone will have to consume power like crazy. Winner: BB

3. When typing, I absolutely must have tactile feedback. It allows much quicker (and error-free) text entry. In the Keynote, Jobs said that the keyboard was on-screen so that you can completely reconfigure the phone using software only. To the best of my knowledge the QWERTY keyboard has remained the same for quite some time. Winner: BB

4. The BIGGEST problem I have is that this device is being billed as the best video iPod ever made. Yet, with a maximum storage capacity of 8GB it seems like somewhat of a dichotomy. Hey everyone . . . here is absolutely the best video device on the market, and by the way it will cost $600 and you will only be able to carry 2 Movies, 6 TV Shows and a fraction of your Music. Oh, and also, we will choose your cell phone carrier for you and you must sign up for a minimum of two years. NO THANKS.

If I was in charge of Apple, I would have simultaneously released a 6G video iPod, based on the iPhone with 100GB Hard Drive storage in place of all the wireless equipment for $449. That device, plus my trusty BlackBerry seems like a true winning combination!

Szadzik no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E23EA8

Quote Originally Posted by kpishdadi
    It runs osx, not a 'small' version, but real OSX, so it goes to say that any osx app or widget can be installed on it, or at least have a version for it. i'm sure it will beable to open ms office documents.
    But in the first place it will take them about year to customize the widgets.

Quote Originally Posted by kpishdadi
    People with dotmac don't really need to "swap" storage cards because everything is stored online and can be accessed anywhere from your virtual storage drive.
    Hahaha, especially a 700MB movie that I usually give friend on my MicroSD card. How long would it take to upload 700MB by means of EDGE to the iPhone?
    Last edited by Szadzik; 01-16-2007 at 05:53 PM.
    Phone Tales:
    OT MaxDB, CD1, CD5, J5, GD96, ME45, T68i, X6, CX65, A925, E398, MPx200, X6-2, OT715, D600E, W810, M600i BB Pear + Axim x51v

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

I personally think that the pearl is a better overall device and I'm gunna stick with it.

MOBB no está en línea Stack level 1

I'll be getting the iPhone for sure.......

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

MOBB, if you haven't already I would read the previous posts and then decide on the pearl or iphone. After I read all the in-depth coverage on the iphone it has dramatically changed my mind on getting the iphone or not. So just read them and then make the right choice.

COJO 24

Jeanca no está en línea Stack level 2

im probably not going to get it right away cuz its probably gonna have a couple of bugs and things going wrong for them, but its apple pretty much all they are making its pretty good and hold off,
    i have been a mac user since wow forever and yeah had a couple of problems but nothing compared with windows and other mp3 palyers.

remember the iphone its going to help alot of people who use mac and dont have a windows running pc's, im lucky i have both but I use my mac a whole lot more than this, i only use the pc for my BB, but imagine not having trouble syncronazing your phone with your computer and how easy it is s going to be to do all the other stuff you want.

iMacj no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3070F784

The price on the street I am hearing is $500.00. If you remember the Moto Razr was $500 when it first hit the street. Let's see in 6 months to a year what the price will be.

OS X is one heck of an O/S. I use my own laptop just to avoid a company paid for Win machine. The iPhone screen is far superior to any BB and as far as removeable media cards go they already have 4 to 8X what any BB has installed at 8GB!!!

My 7230 was advertised as having internet capablilities. I tried relentlessly and that phone couldn't find it's way though a web page for anything. Even my provider gave up on it. The PEARL may be able to browse the web but some of us need to USE the web. Book a flt, rent a car, book a hotel. You can't do any of these things on a PEARL. All it does is VIEW the web.

WAP = Won't Allow it Protocol.

RIM ain't cooking nothing in their lab except a little PANIC if you ask me. The 8800 will be worth about $49.00 now. The PEARL falls short in many categories. I can't even properly view a PDF file. You can't zoom it it gets all pixelated the enhance feature only enhances the one screen shot, no scrolling around. Open anything else and it is a constant format battle. ...of course I can make quarterly or annual payments from some sw available online at Hand-in-My-Pocket mobile software. Add that to the $200 price tag of the PEARL and your almost there.

...and who said you can't open MS-office docs? With OS X? Where did you get that info from? Tell the PEARL to put pics on the media card and still it tells you you reached a limit, far less than the card can hold. That's an O/S limitation. Forget the music and the camera, even though the iPhone specs smoke any BB in those categories, it's desktop like sw is about to raise the bar and set the new standard for smart phones.

The iPhone is the closest thing to a pocket size computer. With a REAL OS, WiFi, Edge and Bluetooth tell me what you think a BB will be able to do that an iPhone can't? Face it these guys didn't even invent push technology they stole it and got sued for it as well. With true WiFi your desktop and handheld will be transferring data like no sync program out there ever will. Save the USB cable for charging your battery perhaps.

Battery life? apparently not many here keep their BB more than a year or two and like an iPod you will be able to replace it just not on the fly.

The BB is great for email, IM and reading some web pages.

Three years of BB O/S LIMITATIONS. When that price hits about $250 - 300 I am gone!!!

Legion no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F7AADD

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ interesting, considering that the iPhone isn't FCC approved and has hit enough technical snags to cause Apple to draw manpower off of Leopard.

Yclif no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2051259D

yeah I read that too. Looks like the launch date is being pushed back for it.

capuman no está en línea Stack level 2

Guys,

what about the new LG prada phone..its pretty much an Iphone replica..but its already out on the market and its cheaper...

To be honest the Iphone DOES look amazing..and i mean in terms of the gui (why else would LOADS of pearl users download the iphone theme...) However lets think in terms of practicality...what does the iphone really offer?

Its essentially an ipod video with phone capabilities..thats about it. Sure it looks amazing and does all these gimicky things..but is it really worth $600? (and thats over in america..here in eurpoe we're looking at atleast Ł500..and thats without ecen considering the data plan...they already charge €60 a month over here for the BB data plan!!! i cant even imagine what they will charge for the iphone..) iphone - data plan = video ipod!!!

And the touch screen..hmmm it does look sweet..but only when you see Steve Jobs resizing images and stuff like that..imagine writing a text message or email..its just stupid. I've owned loads of touch screen devices and at the end of a month or so..when the hype has warn off i just put it away and never use it again cause i really miss the feedback of having buttons..specially if you touch type.

All in all..great sexy looking piece of hardware..but it falls flat on its face due to battery problems (all mac devices suffer terribly from battery issues), no buttons, no media card, heffty price and the NEED of a data plan (else it sucks..)

If/When it goes down to a reasonable price ill probably buy one though..but just for the sake of buying one and cause im a sucker for new gadgets..but i dont think ill ever replace my pearl

Founder no está en línea Stack level 3

iPhone? I use one... it's Cisco model 7960...

Apple's iPhone has no attraction to me, since it's just cool gadget. And I can get cooler gadgets for less money...
    I HAVE TO use BlackBerry, so no ditching Pearl... except if RIM produces heavy duty BB device with GPS and some other stuff... in Pearl format...
    In space no one can hear you scream.

Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock Jelly Bean 4.3)
    Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock KitKat 4.4.2)
    Samsung GT-I9100 Galaxy S II (CM 10.2)

littlemojo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2509fd64

not to worry they all come back in the end
    Death is only the beginning

laz
    laz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244701B4

Quote Originally Posted by capuman
    Guys,

what about the new LG prada phone..its pretty much an Iphone replica..but its already out on the market and its cheaper...

To be honest the Iphone DOES look amazing..and i mean in terms of the gui (why else would LOADS of pearl users download the iphone theme...) However lets think in terms of practicality...what does the iphone really offer?

Its essentially an ipod video with phone capabilities..thats about it. Sure it looks amazing and does all these gimicky things..but is it really worth $600? (and thats over in america..here in eurpoe we're looking at atleast Ł500..and thats without ecen considering the data plan...they already charge €60 a month over here for the BB data plan!!! i cant even imagine what they will charge for the iphone..) iphone - data plan = video ipod!!!

And the touch screen..hmmm it does look sweet..but only when you see Steve Jobs resizing images and stuff like that..imagine writing a text message or email..its just stupid. I've owned loads of touch screen devices and at the end of a month or so..when the hype has warn off i just put it away and never use it again cause i really miss the feedback of having buttons..specially if you touch type.

All in all..great sexy looking piece of hardware..but it falls flat on its face due to battery problems (all mac devices suffer terribly from battery issues), no buttons, no media card, heffty price and the NEED of a data plan (else it sucks..)

If/When it goes down to a reasonable price ill probably buy one though..but just for the sake of buying one and cause im a sucker for new gadgets..but i dont think ill ever replace my pearl
    WoW thx for saving me the time of typing all that up myself lol I totaly agree 100%

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast