Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i would love to get an iphone! But $600 is way too much ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

berrygrl87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E21FD8

Re: Ditching pearl for iphone

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i would love to get an iphone! But $600 is way too much for my budget. I think ill just wait for the 8800! I like the slick look on the iphone and the other features, but I have to say I think I'm a crackaddict now!!I never thought that I can be addicted to this lil tiny phone! But it has so much capabilities!!my bro keeps saying his gonna get the iphone, but as for me I'm a crackberry addict all the way. Even tho I'm new to this phone, I love it!!

maestrowork no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Szadzik
    Have you ever had a spmartphone? Do you know the number of 3rd party apps for symbian or WM?

Have you EVER used a touch screen? If not, don't even mention buyin the phone, first try using it by means of the touch screen.

really, think it over and try the touch screen for at least 2 weeks.
    Sheesh, someone is a bit defensive. Of course I've used a smartphone. I've used smartphones since 1999, including the Pearl. I had a Palm phone for 5 years - and nobody has more 3rd party apps than Palm. Why do you think I'm here on this board?

And yes, I've used touch screens, tablets, you name it. Sorry, I prefer real "buttons" when it comes to a phone. I want to be able to not look at the screen when I type or dial numbers. I can do that with my Pearl. Try to do it with a touch screen. Especially, try texting with touch screen. Have you even TRIED the iPhone? Try one for two weeks and then come back and post a review. 'kay?

g1skard no está en línea Stack level 2

MY 2 cents...

iPhone looks nice but its only benefit is its user interface. As a phone device its spec is already dated and its not due to market until June or worse October over here in Europe.
    Experience with Apple gear is never get the first generation of new gear wait for the bugs to be ironed out first!

Szadzik no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E23EA8

Quote Originally Posted by maestrowork
    And yes, I've used touch screens, tablets, you name it. Sorry, I prefer real "buttons" when it comes to a phone. I want to be able to not look at the screen when I type or dial numbers. I can do that with my Pearl. Try to do it with a touch screen. Especially, try texting with touch screen. Have you even TRIED the iPhone? Try one for two weeks and then come back and post a review. 'kay?

Ooops, I think you misunderstood me. I was NOT defending iPhone, I was definitely against it and its touchscreen.
    Phone Tales:
    OT MaxDB, CD1, CD5, J5, GD96, ME45, T68i, X6, CX65, A925, E398, MPx200, X6-2, OT715, D600E, W810, M600i BB Pear + Axim x51v

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba

As much as the iphone has been built up around tgua hype, the things that make it so groundbreaking, could be the biggest things to break on it.

*touchscreen
    *os
    *and the phone itself.

Don't get me wrong, I love a new gadget, but its a lot of hype behind this thing, and a lot of people are falling for the same type of cliché all over again. I think the iphone has the potential to be a great phone, if (and that's a big if!!!) everything works right!!

As far as BB users, it doesn't effect pearl and and future 8800 users as much, we will have a device that we are accustomed to using with the features we have been waiting for, instead of having to adjust to a whole diff type of handset.

One thing I can admit to is, RIM needs to act fast to try to retain there consumer side of the biz, because the marketing apple did, is way better than that which was done for the pearl. But in device comparison, I think my pearl will do for me!!! Sure type, MP3s, mem storage, cam, etc!!!

I hope you like your iphone whenever you get it!!! But either way ima crack head for life with my crack berry!! Peace

Cercopes no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D8D11

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    One thing everybody seems to miss is that regaurdless of how well or how bad the iPhone does, it will cause cell phone makers to sweat. These companies will push for advances a lot harder than before. Think about it, if the iPod was never released would MP3 players out now have the same features?
    I think not!

Quote Originally Posted by Szadzik
    Ooops, I think you misunderstood me. I was NOT defending iPhone, I was definitely against it and its touchscreen.
    Oh, okay. I thought you were addressing me, but you were talking in general. Well, it was late.

We are in perfect agreement, then.

ErikRL no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23de7e82

the biggest problem with the iphone, and im shocked nobody else has caught it is..... its an APPLE product..... they have a great computer, for graphical, and video work, and thats about it

ipods are wonderful, if you are looking for an overpriced, over hyped mp3 player..... name a feature that isnt available on any other mp3 player that makes it stand out?

the scroll wheel? youre the same person that is swayed by the ability to glue on little pink rhinestones..... other then that...... yup, nada

this is going to be in the same boat, nothing special, and in the end, another buggy, problem prone apple POS

Now, the Apple bashing. I have a MacBook Pro and I happen to LOVE this machine. I have both the Mac OS and Windows XP on it. The Mac OS never crashes (the XP maybe once every two weeks). I honestly adore the Mac.

ruckert84 no está en línea Stack level 2

I don't think this phone is all that it is worked out to be. As someone mentioned earlier, I think that it is all about the name. We'll see. As for me, I'm sticking with my Pearl

poolshark49 no está en línea Stack level 1

okay i agree with u i want the iphone and it is tight!
    if u have watched the keynote then u should of agreed with me

and no they dont have 2 change their name cisco lost the trade mark

this what it says on engadget i would give u a link but theres stupid rules on here

this what engadget said

Apparently Cisco has more "Iphone" trouble in store for it than just that prior art dispute we mentioned yesterday. In order to keep a trademark alive, you have to file a "Declaration of Use" with the US Patent and Trademark office every six years or forfeit the trademark. On 11/16/2005 Cisco missed that deadline, but was granted a six month grace period, which it just barely squeezed through. Unfortunately for Cisco, a "Declaration of Use" requires demonstration of active use, under penalty of perjury. Cisco merely slapped an iPhone sticker onto an existing VoIP handset it was producing (shown above), but at the time hadn't put an actual iPhone product on shelves for a good long while. This jeopardizes the legitimacy of the trademark, and with Ocean Telecom Services LLC -- which is thought by most to be a front company for Apple -- next in line for the name, it's looking like anyone's game at this point. But for the sake of our own sanity, can we wrap this one up soon, guys? We were kind of hoping to spend the day resting up from CES and playing that new Gears of War map pack instead of reporting such minute developments. Oh well, what are you gonna do?

mobilehavoc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23ec80a2

iPhone is 90% marketting hype or as referred to with Steve Jobs his "reality distortion field".

We all know it looks purdy and shiny, like all Apple products but it has quite a few big things in my mind going against it:

- Touch screen: Having used both Palm and PocketPC devices for YEARS that had onscreen keyboards, it is close to impossible for anyone to type on them without looking and this slows down your typing speed. Our brains seem to need the tactile feedback when pressing buttons to function correctly - so sending more than 2 or 3 emails a day will get frustrating.
    - Full browser - Yes it's a negative. In the MacWorld demo they were using WiFi and it loaded pretty slowly - now multiply the time it took to load that page by about 10x and you'll get how fast it will load over EDGE. Since it's not a mobile-enhanced version it'll load all the crap over EDGE and take FOREVER. I LOVE wap/mobile enhanced sites, I get the SAME info but much faster and without all the extraneous junk...why do I want to load NyTimes with ALL their flash ads?!?! My estimate is based on average WiFi on a mobile device being 1024kbps and EDGE being 100kbps.
    - Battery life - The touch screen is nice and all but this means for all functions you need to have it on and this will eat on battery life like nothing else. On top of this you have WiFi which for sure will reduce the battery life to minutes if not an hour.
    - Price/Contact - This seems to be targetted to consumers who currently have regular cell phones NOT smartphones. Are they really going to shell out $500-$600 PLUS sign their life away with Cingular for another 2 years PLUS pay an additional $20+/month for data??? I tend to think not.

Anybody who seriously is considering switching to the iPhone from a Blackberry, Treo, PPC or other smartphone shouldn't be using a smartphone in the first place.

Apple has not re-invented the phone - they just made it look pretty and shiny and stuck an Apple logo on it.
    8100c - Personal on BIS
    8700c - Work on Corporate BES

"Only 10 types of people, those that understand binary and those that don't"

simplexity no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask ;-)

Too bad it might not even be called the iphone for long cuz of that whole trademark thing. Maybe they'll have to call it the apple phone. Doesn't sound as cool to me
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

squ34k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EAD2EE

One word: traitor.
    Will you be my friend?
    AIM: killaninjamnky
    Y!: isitupsidedown
    MSN: squ34k@gmail.com
    PIN - 23EAD2EE

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

On another note, did you hear that Apple has patented a new technology?
    They are going to be implanting their Ipod technology into womens breasts. For years, women have complained that men always stare at their boobs and never listen to them. This should solve that!
    Supposedly going to be called "iBoob" No word of release date.
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast