Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

They're trying to make the iPhone the "iPod" of smartphones. That is, they want to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

maestrowork no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Ditching pearl for iphone

Advertisement

They're trying to make the iPhone the "iPod" of smartphones. That is, they want to dominate the smart phone market with that, and I see how they could succeed. The Wow! factor is there. Ease of use is there. Form facter is there. Touch screen -- nice touch (pun not intended). Widgets? Cool -- and most 3rd party software would probably be delivered via widgets. Widescreen video iPod? Super cool.

Definitely for someone who's never used a smartphone or someone who doesn't like anything in the market now, it's a sweet toy. They're not marketing at the business folks who swear by their push corporate email. I checked out their demos and if not for the price tag and Cingular, I may seriously consider the iPhone.

(still, I think the touchscreen keypad is going to be a problem with me, or anyone with unsteady or fat fingers)

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Well I think, you're just paying for the name."apple" let's see, with the pods, there are more better mp3 players out there! When it comes phones, to me, the functionality of the phone is the most important thing.yeah, its a big leap for apple to make phones, but I don't know how it would beat the BBs way. Who knows, the best thing we could do for now is to wait and see. With touch screen keys, hmm don't know, I usually spill coffee on my pearl lol.

tmag2005 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    250d3c8f

The only phones the "iPhone" will replace IMO are the smartphones such as P990i (by which time the P1000 will be around).

This is what makes me giggle a little, is that if i want an MP3 Player, i would more happily buy an Ipod and have a phone seperately. I dont think i could ever replace my BB.

I cant deny something i think what if i had a .....but that thought lasts all of about 10 secs and i just think ....nah.

No one can deny the Apple Phone is great looking and of course i will be interested in seeing one but certainly not as a replacement.
    (Bearing in mind the BB8800 will be out)

As for getting one for free from yer mate.... My godfather works for Rolex and in a Senior Role and as many times as i've begged for a free one - do you think i have yet...have i *oll*x

jenaroni no está en línea Stack level 2

I live in San Francisco and my friend (He wants an Iphone bad) signed me up for the Macworld conference, so we finally got to go today! So I actually got to see the iphone and I have to admit that thing is a beauty! The resolution on the screen is amazing! But I have to say that for the price it is a lot! And it will get a lot of people buying it (that is if they want to throw down the money for it) it will become a fashion trend, just like the ipod!

But I am very happy with my blackberry pearl and would not ditch it for an iphone! I like my buttons very much thank you and there is just so much going on with the iphone that your whole world will be immersed in it! You shouldn't live your whole life through your phone!

BLACKBERRY FOR LIFE! =)

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

People also should check into the iphone more as after all the oooh and ahhhh it looks so nice, its lacks in a few important areas:

It cant even open MS Office documents !!! This is supposed to replace the BB ??? I dont know a single business or even casual business user than can do without this.

The NY Times article I saw online said it was VERY hard to type on let alone type fast being there is no feel to the keys. Again I can see this as I had a remote that was simliar and it sucked to be blunt. You had to be in this mode to use this key and that mode to use this one, just a big pain.

No removable storage cards. Also a business killer as I know many that store things on a card then just swap the card out or give the card to another to use.

No additional batterys. I know they claim some high battery life but anyone who has used devices for years know the figures have to be stretched some.

I and many got their Pearls for under $50 others under $100 and have unlimted storage via swap out cards to play all the MP3's and Videos we want. I am gonna pay $500-600 for what ? A little larger screen and a novelty look that will wear off after a few week ? Please... Something has got to offer a lot more than that for me to pay $500 more than I did for the Pearl.

bengoheen no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204BF324

Quote Originally Posted by jenaroni
    But I am very happy with my blackberry pearl and would not ditch it for an iphone! I like my buttons very much thank you and there is just so much going on with the iphone that your whole world will be immersed in it! You shouldn't live your whole life through your phone!

They call it crackberry for a reason.....

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05

Actually As New As This Device Is The Name Iphone Says Exactly What It Is, It Is Just A Phone With Video Capabilities. It Isn't A Pda. It Does Run On Mac Os 10 But There Is No Compatibility When It Is Plugged into Your Desktop. ABOUT THE ONLY PART OF THIS THAT APPEALS TO ME IS THE VIDEO THINGY BUT I HAVE A MS ZUNE FOR THAT.
    Looking for new buddies. Add me pin# 3115EE05

ej
    ej no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    280A5A37

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 6bills? seems a bit steep for a phone.
    wreckless music
    makin the hits

www.wrecklessmusic.bravehost.com

add me on myspace www.myspace.com/wreckless_music

maestrowork no está en línea Stack level 3

I think the buttonless nature of the iPhone is going to cause a lot of people pain...

LadyRaider no está en línea Stack level 2

The on screen keyboard is the one thing that I think holds the iphone back. Watching Steve Jobs poke at it with his finger just didn't do anything for me.

Other than, it seems pretty much perfect.

cobra2525200 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E636EB

I have the BB Pearl....

and in it I have full length movies, and a ton of songs, with only the 1GB SD card.

The iphone does look awesome, and I actually would like the touch screen, but my Pearl does all the same stuff. Watch Videos, play mp3's, browse the web.........so the iphone has a real internet, not a wap browser.......if I wanted portable internet I'd get a laptop, my browser does exactly what I need it to do.

I'm sticking with my Pearl.

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by cobra2525200
    I have the BB Pearl....

and in it I have full length movies, and a ton of songs, with only the 1GB SD card.

The iphone does look awesome, and I actually would like the touch screen, but my Pearl does all the same stuff. Watch Videos, play mp3's, browse the web.........so the iphone has a real internet, not a wap browser.......if I wanted portable internet I'd get a laptop, my browser does exactly what I need it to do.

I'm sticking with my Pearl.
    took the words right out of my mouth. also the fact that there will be no removable battery (if the phone is $500 imagine the battery) and the os is permanent, no upgrades, I know there will be some bugs, so what then

8aBlackBearE no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E93134

You know, I have macs at work, have owned SEVERAL iPods and though at a glance the products seemed to be promising they always revolt. My ipods always quit working about a month after the warranty expires. Apple design their products to become obsolete so they can ram the next generation down your throat. I'm sure they'll use this same approach with iphone and with the pricetag that's just not a chance I'd be willing to take. I know people that have had the same nberry for 5 years what other pda or smartphone lasts that long?
    I'm your huckleberry

phantomhu no está en línea Stack level 1

No removable battery sucks to hell.

What if I drop that babe 2 or 3 times per month like my pearl...

How about touch screen... I would like to know where the buttons are w/o looking at my phone all the time. Is it possible?

iPhone is just not for me. Will borrow one and try, surely won't addict to this toy. Sorry Mr. Job.

Szadzik no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E23EA8

Quote Originally Posted by maestrowork
    They're trying to make the iPhone the "iPod" of smartphones. That is, they want to dominate the smart phone market with that, and I see how they could succeed. The Wow! factor is there. Ease of use is there. Form facter is there. Touch screen -- nice touch (pun not intended). Widgets? Cool -- and most 3rd party software would probably be delivered via widgets. Widescreen video iPod? Super cool.
    Yeah, suuuper cool. Apart from the fact that at the very start it il not b able to compete with ANY spmartphone, because not using 3rd part software is completely crazy and certainly ill NOT make that up by means of widgets.

Have you ever had a spmartphone? Do you know the number of 3rd party apps for symbian or WM?

Definitely for someone who's never used a smartphone or someone who doesn't like anything in the market now, it's a sweet toy. They're not marketing at the business folks who swear by their push corporate email. I checked out their demos and if not for the price tag and Cingular, I may seriously consider the iPhone.
    Have you EVER used a touch screen? If not, don't even mention buyin the phone, first try using it by means of the touch screen.

(still, I think the touchscreen keypad is going to be a problem with me, or anyone with unsteady or fat fingers)
    really, think it over and try the touch screen for at least 2 weeks.
    Phone Tales:
    OT MaxDB, CD1, CD5, J5, GD96, ME45, T68i, X6, CX65, A925, E398, MPx200, X6-2, OT715, D600E, W810, M600i BB Pear + Axim x51v

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast