Hi, When receiving text messages, it is only displaying the phone number anbd not the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dbedgood no está en línea Stack level 1

Display message name?

Advertisement

Hi,

When receiving text messages, it is only displaying the phone number anbd not the name of the person who is in my address book. I have check in the message options and the display name is yes. Anythign else I'm missing?

Appreciate any help.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Re: Display message name?

try setting it to 'no', then save, back to 'yes' then save and perform a 30s battery pull.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

got the answer! (actually happened to me tonight)

I got a pretty umm.. "spicey" msg tonight and was like "...who is this?" (because only a number came up) and it turned out to be my friend (who I know I have in my phonebook). it had the +1 in front of the number and for some reason the pearl won't display name because of it. two solutions I came up with are:

-you can add the +1 to their number in ur address book to have the phone recognize the incoming txt from that person or if you send them a msg first you and have the pearl set to remember a previous amount of past msgs, any time they msg you from then on, their name will pop up from the previous run of conversations.

simeezee no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C1928

i didn't know adding that extra 1 would make a difference. i guess from now on i will just put an extra one in front of all my phone numbers.

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

Try going to phone options - smart dialing - and select no country code...(I think that's what it says, sorry my bb is sleeping, no batt)

dbedgood no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by likefre
    Try going to phone options - smart dialing - and select no country code...(I think that's what it says, sorry my bb is sleeping, no batt)
    Thanks for replying but unfortunately that hasn't solved it. When the numbers come in they start with +44, where as in my address book they're 07, would this matter? I would have thought this wouldn't as it never did with my Nokia.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

yea it matters unfortunatly i can't fine the thread that had it before.