When I plug in my BB to the computer on my phone it says, "A ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

T0ne1212 no está en línea Stack level 2

Disk Error W/ Media Card?

Advertisement

When I plug in my BB to the computer on my phone it says,

"A Media Card has been inserted that contains errors. To correct the errors please use a disk error-checking utility on a computer."

Also I noticed that I view any of my pictures nor can I listen to any music on my media card.

Any suggestions?

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: Disk Error W/ Media Card?

It sounds like the media card may be corrupted. If you can get a card reader to see it, you might be able to save the data on there.

Otherwise, if you can't, you'll most likely have to re-format the card, which will cause you to lose your data, but it may allow you to start using the card again.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

T0ne1212 no está en línea Stack level 2

Ok thanks alot. Lukily I saved all my photos and music already! I think I will just re format it.

GeneH no está en línea Stack level 1

I have this same issue and so far have troubleshot it down to a file format that the Blackberry doesn't like and not a corrupt card needing a disk check (for my problem). I received this message in the past and a disk check actually did fix the problem. Unfortunately, not this time. I had just put some new songs and videos on my device and figured one of the two is causing the issue. After the disk check didn't resolve the issue, I first removed the contents of my videos folder on my card to my desktop. That didn't fix the problem, so I returned the videos to the card and instead removed the music files to my desktop. Bingo! That did it. I returned the card to my Blackberry with all videos, pictures, and ringtones intact and no music files (or subfolders) and now the card no longer gives me the error:
    A Media Card has been inserted that contains errors. To correct the errors please use a disk error-checking utility on a computer.
    Next step, determine which of the new music files (or albums) is causing my problem and why. I'll write back when I have the time to look into this further this weekend. Or, if anyone else has already had this same problem and came to a similar conclusion as me, please post your corrective actions. Thanks!

Vealy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK!!

I have a 1gig micro sd in my pearl and I have not had any problems with it except for it not showing up in explore. But that goes away after a quick reboot. If you do keep running into problems while formatting your card via computer and reinserting it into Blackberry you can always try reformatting it in the blackberry. go to options> advanced options> media card> menu button> format card. And always remember to back up your Blackberry on a regular basis.

Vealy -

When I attempted to reformat my 6GB microSD within the Blackberry, it only formatted 1.5GB of the card and the rest of the storage remained unformatted and therefore unallocated and unusable, so I prefer Disk Management or UBCD4Win to format disks for high capacity microSD's.

When your card doesn't show in Windows Explorer, try this... right click on My Computer, select Manage, go to Disk Management (assuming you have administrative rights on your PC), right click on the microSD card (and not your C: drive) and choose to change the drive letter to one that you've never used. Don't worry... changing the drive letter will do nothing to the data on your microSD. The microSD or any other USB drive always show up in Windows Explorer for me after doing this procedure.

Vealy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK!!

[quote=GeneH;597505]Vealy -

When your card doesn't show in Windows Explorer,

Sorry, Didnt specify ..I meant in Explore on Blackberry..not having any problems.. just throwing info out.. thanks anyway

Vealy - hopefully my post will help someone else then. Thanks for yours!

breton35 no está en línea Stack level 1

I bought 4gb media card for my BB 8130 and tried to format it and it says media card format failed. Does anyone know what's wrong?

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8

I found out that my SD card goes nuts if I connect it to the computer and shut the computer down while the phone is still connected. Now I always disconnect it beforehand. I lost some good pictures that way... Now I gotta get her to agree again.

dimples06 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by T0ne1212 View Post
    When I plug in my BB to the computer on my phone it says,

"A Media Card has been inserted that contains errors. To correct the errors please use a disk error-checking utility on a computer."

Also I noticed that I view any of my pictures nor can I listen to any music on my media card.

Any suggestions?
    wat can i doo

dimples06 no está en línea Stack level 1
    wat can i doo