I can upgrade my Tmo plan for another two years, and the handhelds are very ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Smile Discontinued because of Quality?

Advertisement

I can upgrade my Tmo plan for another two years, and the handhelds are very nicely priced. I'm leaning towards a 9700, but as I was looking at available models in the store I noticed there were no Pearl flips - when I asked, the salesman responded that RIM was discontinuing the model because of quality issues! I have no way of knowing if it's true or not, but it's interesting that Tmo is saying it

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3
    I doubt they would discontinue it NOW for that reason. Seems like a rep who just made up whatever excuse. It's just old and crappy at this point. Go for the 9700

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    The Pearl Flip is no longer on the T-Mo website either. Maybe that rep was correct. You should read the 8220 Flip section of the T-Mo forums. Users over there are FURIOUS with the Flip Berry.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    They are phasing out all models with trackballs and replacing with trackpad devices, so that could be what they are calling a quality issue. Out with the flip and make room for the 9100 maybe
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4