Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My wifes pearl has lately been acting a little off. Her phone call log goes ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

germy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241bb585

disappearing trick

Advertisement

My wifes pearl has lately been acting a little off.

Her phone call log goes missing, messages go missing either all together or just a handful of them...

When she calls people it doesn't even store it in the phone log either....same with sent messages

Anyone know what this could be?

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: disappearing trick

How is her internal memory looking? Done a battery pull in a while? My friend had the same prob for a few days and didn't know about doing a hard reset. Once done all was fine though. So it might just be as simple as that hopefully!
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

check your available memory by going to options - status... as mentioned above, it sounds like she's low on memory...

there's a really good post about freeing up memory but I can't seem to find it. maybe someone else can help?
    Last edited by cyberspastic; 01-18-2008 at 08:10 PM. Reason: added info

PIN/ID
    241bb585

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yup, have done a battery pull :-(

Hmmm what does the memory status indicate?
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

PIN/ID
    241bb585

She has 24659480 bytes free. That should be fine. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yeah that would seem sufficient there for sure. I have way less available on mine with no problems. Does she has a ton of 3rd party apps? Or maybe alot apps open in the background? Might check there and then try to clean/purge the memory a bit.

PIN/ID
    241bb585

Only app she uses is JiveTalk. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Not certain as I have not had too many problems with mine in that regard, but some of the seniors in here may suggest to reinstall the OS, or upgrade to it if you have not already. I would wait though and see what other suggestion come in as I cant say I know for certain what might be the exact cause of the problem if not the internal memory being low, needing a hard reset, or too many apps running in the background.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Check the common issues MINI FAQ stickied up top. There is a link in there that's will get you to a thread on ways to prevent the dissappearing stuff.

It will always show as a lot of space after it deletes the logs and messages. That thread should help you out.

PIN/ID
    241bb585

I plan on doing a OS reinstall but before I go to that measure wanted to see if anyone had any ideas O_o ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4

Let me try to help shed some light......

Just got my 3rd Pearl, this week (in the process of returning the 2nd Pearl back to UPS). The chrome battery latch broke, so they sent me a phone last week. It was garbage!!! . I had no internal memory (I have 2GB media card), Phone logs were disappearing, as were text messages. Wiped my Pearl (did a backup first!! ) and upgraded to Rogers .109.

That still didn't do the trick , so I called CC and they NEXT DAY'ed me my phone that I got yesterday at NO CHARGE. (This one I believe is a NEW phone because they sent me a sticker off of the actual box with PIN#, IMEI info and the date of production of the phone, etc.) Anyway, I loaded all my apps and some new ones and things seemed to working fine......

UNTIL.............

I switched back to the TMo Zen Theme (UK) and all hell broke loose. Spinning hourglasses and disappearing logs (again) and text messages. It even started to eat my emails. This was late last night and I had to go to bed (P.O.'ed) . I had an idea...... When I got up this morning I turned on the laptop and fired up the DM. I deleted all of the "other" languages that I obviously do not speak, off of the phone and has worked like a charm all day today.

I like the Zen Theme (UK) but I'm afraid to use it now. I don't fully understand why, my wife has all of the other languages on her Pearl and hers works fine. This was the same OS on my original phone and there wasn't a problem with anything even with ALL of the language support on the phone. BTW Red, I read that sticky and did what it said to do and deleted some themes off of my phone to make room and it still ate my memory.

I hope this helps in some way.....

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by drew4flt72 View Post
    BTW Red, I read that sticky and did what it said to do and deleted some themes off of my phone to make room and it still ate my memory.

I hope this helps in some way.....
    Um...ok
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...sms_mms_e.html
    you know that those are only suggestions right? It's the best way to get it to stop. All devices are different and people have different apps installed. Sorry it didn't work for you, hope your new bb survives.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

I can taste the hostility...in Drew's post...
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Drew Red's thread has worked for many Stackers quite successfully. For some, such as yourself perhaps it just wasn't the right guide.

Maybe you can try some of these:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lackberry.html
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ree_space.html
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...the_pearl.html
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast