I was wondering if there was any way to delete or disable these applications? It ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Celestin no está en línea Stack level 1

Disable/Remove AT&T's MEdia Net and MEdia Mall?

Advertisement

I was wondering if there was any way to delete or disable these applications? It seems they're just taking up memory and storage space. I only use the blackberry browser on my phone so i don't really need the extra nonsense. If anybody has found a way to at least stop them from running each time i turn my phone on i'd love to know how.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I've tried. Nothing I do seems to be able to get rid of these. I even deleted the service books and they went away but reapear with a restart. I noticed that when I did delete the servive books and they went away I gained no app mem. So I just hide the icons now so I don't have to see them.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    My work has a company plan through ATT and we called them up and asked about the same issue cause people were buying games a stuff and the company was being charged. They have a control progam where they can limit what service books get sent to a device, Also I believe that the BES can limit the service book. this may not apply to your cause if it a personal phone. But call att up and ask them
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

i've also tried removing them from the service book. Aside from just getting rid of their icons, there's a noticable speed increase when running applications and switching between them on my phone. It just leaves me with the assumption that while removing them from the service book does not free up system storage, it does remove them from the phone's RAM. That's why i'm looking for a more permanent solution to this. I've noticed that even after removing them on restart certain phone functions cause them to reopen themselves.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Yeah I can belive the increase of speed in the device from removing unused stuff. But really call ATT and see if they can stop sending those service books to you then report back

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

okaaaay... well after talking to AT&T extinsively it seems they can't block them for a personal account. They did say that they can block them on a business network though.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    thats so retarted, they just want your money

Truth + Clarity = Power

The biggest reason this bothers me so much is that after removing them from the service book my phone operates much faster. Opening applications, switching between them and even just browsing through the phone and it's menus is all sped up. If anybody knows a way to prevent these from running all together i'd much appreciate it if you shared how with the rest of us.

*edit*
    I'd like to add that by preventing these from running it would also increase the boot time of my phone by about 45 seconds.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    What's interesting is on my 8900 I only have media net showing as my wap browser. Nothing else from at&t showing. Guess its because its unlocked and at&t doesn't have the 8900 yet.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    if your worried about freeing up memory check out this program it is capable of freeing up to 5 megs of space, I used it when I had my curve. did wonders for me.

http://blog.berrycoder.com/search/label/MaxMem
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.