I know people were haveing this problem with the curve, but has anyone had it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Varekai no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Dirt Under Screen

Advertisement

I know people were haveing this problem with the curve, but has anyone had it with the Pearl? Just a few days ago I was going through my Video folder in the pearl and notices a ton of dirt in there, looks like a 100 dead pixels its so bad, I thought it was under my screen protector so I took it off, but it isnt, its between the Houseing and the LCD screen, would it be better to take it apart and try to fix it, or see if Tmo will send me a replacement? And if takeing it apart is better, what size torq screwdriver would I need?

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F

Re: Dirt Under Screen

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~search YouTube for disassembling your pearl...that should tell you everything you would need...and I doubt tmo would replace but I would try that first

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~search YouTube for disassembling your pearl...that should tell you everything you would need...and I doubt tmo would replace it but I would try that first
    Last edited by madetosink; 08-11-2007 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Automerged.

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

Have you tried using canned air? I don't suggest you open it because it will void the warranty.
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

PIN/ID

Thank you for the responses, no I havent tried canned air, I dont think I will be able to blow it out anywhere, I dont really see how it got in in the first place. I might try returning it to Tmo, since I was haveing problems with the Bluetooth, and blame it on that.

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

Good luck to you. I think the best way to avoid dust from getting inside our phones is by not putting it inside our pockets. I also suggest the silicon case from box wave.
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

skunk22civic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2408989b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I say you return it.

piggles no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask

What is up with the Bluetooth? I returned one for a bad case of dropsies [dropping the BT headset for no reason] and now... it looks like the new one might be doing the same thing. Boohiss.

PIN/ID

I went to the Tmo store and Im getting a new one (which might be refurbed but rep said new) in 3 days, and they arent even charging me for the shipping. I never keep my phone in my pocket tho, its always in the lamb skin case I got for it, so boooo, ordering BSE full covering now so I can slap it on my non-scratched new phone before it gets gouges in the shiney sides like my old one.

JDWired no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3156B31E

I am going to get a screen protector for my 7100i, however I need to get an alan wrench to remove the face so I can get the dust out from under the screen, really getting on my nerves!
    Search Flex - Directory of SEO Services

sbauer no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Blkberry

I had the same problem 2 days after i got my Pearl. I took it to T-mo and demanded a replacement. Call their Customer Service and have them note your account that it is a Manufacturing Defect. They won't be too happy to oblige, but let them know that it is a defect. You do have a warranty. Good Luck!

PIN/ID

Ya, they told me it was a cosmetic defect and that the only thing I could do about that is take it to a cell phone repair shop and have them take it apart and clean it, luckily before I had mentioned the dust I told him I had bluetooth problems with static and it wasnt the headset yadda yadda, so theyre sending me a new one cause of that (even tho those bluetooth problems are more of a Pearl related issue)