Is this normal? For some reason I have dust and dirt inside of my phones ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Kon
    Kon no está en línea Stack level 2

Dirt Inside of the Screen?

Advertisement

Is this normal? For some reason I have dust and dirt inside of my phones screen, does anyone else get this? And the worst part is that it will occasionally scratch the inside of my screen.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Dirt Inside of the Screen?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Get a case. Yes if you keep it in your pocket I recommend a case. Also it will protect your track ball from lint. Eventually lint will cause your track ball to stop working.

If its actual dirt and sand I don't know how that got in there ublwess you were playong in a sand box. You can always take apart your pearl and clean it.

Although we take no responsiblity and shouldn't be done if you're not comfortable.

Good luck

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

reddog speaks the truth... i keep my berry in my front right pocket and i've had to take out the trackball assembly to clean it twice already... still cheaper than a case lol

marano88 no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks for that again Reddog.
    I have noticed a bit dirt inside my screen and i've had it for 1 week

jason8888 no está en línea Stack level 3

I returned two Pearls to TMobile with lint/dust/dirt inside the screen. I think it's a build-quality issue. You shouldn't need a case to keep dust out of the screen unless you work in extreme conditions or something.

I bought Pearls for my kids, and they both have screen dust. So far, that's four out of five Pearls. I got my most recent one about a month ago. So far, so good--knock on wood.