I (GASP) dropped my Pearl the other day, and freaked when I saw what I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

LizzieLiz no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Dirt in the screen...

Advertisement

I (GASP) dropped my Pearl the other day, and freaked when I saw what I thought were two little dents in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Upon closer inspection, I realized that they weren't dents, but rather looked like little bits of dust or some kind of garbage... i tried cleaning the screen, but I had no luck. I think this is going on behind the screen... Is that even possible? How did it get in there? And can I do anything about it? I don't mean to sound stupid, but I really don't wanna take apart the BB to clean it if that's gonna do any damage to the BB so I just wanted to see what you guys thought I should do.
    Thanks,

Liz

LizzieLiz no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Dirt in the screen...

Ok, I did a search for "dust" and realized that others have had this problem too... but I didn't see anything on the Pearl - if I'm mistaken, sorries! Anyways, is a bit of dust normal behind the Pearl's screen? I don't have that much of an issue with the little specks, but I have this one that's about the size of, well it's about the size of a dot on an i (I have font size 7 set up so I guess that's not all that bad)... Any thoughts/suggestions?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I have heard of a couple of complaints about this on the pearl, but not nearly the problem that the early 8700s had. I wouldn't call it normal but not unheard of either.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

KamiiBlack no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E0071F

Lol im The Same Way About My Phone, When i Drop It i Go Str8 Crazy...But The best thing i can say to do is find a phone repair shop in your area. and Let them do it for a little cost
    Black~n~Doin It

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Just use a dust can, blow it in the cracks and see if you can blow the dust out of there.

Rick Smaefer no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have this same problem. But I have nice amount in there seeing I got the phone the day it came out. The dust can don't do a thing for me at this point.