I've recently switched from a treo 650 to a pearl, and the one program I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

cwproctor no está en línea Stack level 1

directory assistant?

Advertisement

I've recently switched from a treo 650 to a pearl, and the one program I really miss is DirectAssist. Is there a BB program that I can use to find residential information/listings? I have TellMe and Beyond411, but those only help with business listings.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: directory assistant?

hmm thats what i was gonna suggest..thats all i know. i'm sure someone else will come by to ellaborate more on this usbject
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

have you tried mobile web sites? I just did a search for mobile wihite pages on google. You can just use your browser and navigate to them. Here's just a couple.

http://www.infospace.com/info.avant/....htm?ver=17332

http://m.yp.com/mwrsearch.php

Hope that helps a little

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

My Beyond411 has white pages if thats what your looking for...you can also check http://thebogles.com/plugins for a ton plugins for it. One of the ones i found for white pages is 'wp'.

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

beyond411 is a great frontend for nearly any kind of search. whitepages should be one of the default searches available.

btw, i have set up a plugin for beyond411 called rl. enter a phone number, use the RL plugin, and it'll perform a reverse lookup using the mobile version of whitepages, so it shows up real cleanly.

Quote Originally Posted by anfrey
    beyond411 is a great frontend for nearly any kind of search. whitepages should be one of the default searches available.

btw, i have set up a plugin for beyond411 called rl. enter a phone number, use the RL plugin, and it'll perform a reverse lookup using the mobile version of whitepages, so it shows up real cleanly.
    Thats cool. The one I've been using for that is rphone...gonna have try yours out. I did see the white pages under the yellow pages but wasn't sure if that showed up after I put in the wp plugin. I don't use white pages much.

PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

aye i had used rphone before, but just couldn't stand the whole reformatting for mobile with skweezer or whatever it's called. it ads a whole bunch of unneeded data on your screen that you don't need... when i found out that whitepages.com had a mobile version, i set up the RL plugin to use that. cleaner results = happy users

Very nice...only thing (same thing with rphone) is if i put in the number in 'search' then hit your plug-in rl, it brings up white pages but says 'a valid 7-digit phone number is required....'. Do I have to format the number a certain way? I usually just try to put it in 5551234567

PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

i just checked it out... seems m.whitepages.com changed some paths. let me get on the bogles site and fix it

edit: damnit. i tried to fix it with the new URL structure at m.whitepages.com and for some reason they are not allowing it. i checked the page url after using the plugin on my phone and it seems the %s variable is not being passed. i'll work on fixing this, as i'd much rather get results from a made-for-mobile site than to have skweezer-reformatted pages
    Last edited by anfrey; 07-27-2007 at 05:52 PM.